Senior Technical Training Instructor, APAC
Senior Technical Training Instructor
Location:Tokyo or APAC
Job Description: That's a cool job I want it!
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Senior Technical Instructor to join the team and help us deliver world-class training to our customers and partners nationally and worldwide. In this role you will perform instructional delivery of approved course materials. Teach multiple courses. Work within a team but owning strong self-discipline and be able to work independently. Willing to teach classes virtually as well as at Splunk partner, customer, and contract facilities.
In addition a Senior Technical Instructor demonstrates the ability to lead major departmental projects and effectively work cross-functionally with members of other departments. You will be viewed as a leader and mentor by other team members and deliver multiple, technically advanced courses.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will instructs one or more advanced technical classes.
- You can regularly participates in cross-functional projects.
- You will lead major projects within the department.
- Runs multiple projects/tasks with minimal supervision.
- Consistently meets or exceeds goals and/or project breakthroughs.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with management, team members, and other departments.
- Anticipates and resolves common problems.
- Stabilizes long and short term goals by prioritising activities.
- Actively participates in curriculum planning sessions for new product training.
- Reviews training curriculum and provides feedback to instructional designers.
- Capable of adapting well to changing job and project requirements.
- Recommends and implements solutions when project issues arise.
Requirements: I have already done that!
- Having 3/5 years of software/technology training to various technical customers (i.e. software engineers, systems administrators, developers, sales engineers etc.)
- Experience working as a Senior Technical Instructor within Education Services for an Enterprise Software Company
- Knowledge: Current Unix/Linux shell, command-line, vi editor experience is highly considered!
- Linux Administration is a nice advantage.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills in at least one software application or technology.
- You better have excellent oral presentation and customer interaction skills.
- You will have opportunity to travel up to 50% in APAC.
- You are a sophisticated teacher in English and Japanese.
- Capable of travelling to other countries and regions without restriction.
- Experience with Splunk or ambitious application products is a plus but not required.
- CISSP (Certified Security Specialist) a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a technical or related field is required.
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.