Head, Security Global Alliances (Individual Contributor) - Remote
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about exploring new business models and building “first-of-a-kind” strategic partnerships within the Security space? Do you love mind-blowing innovative technology, leading cross-organizational teams, and solving complex puzzles?
We are looking for a leader with outstanding business development skills to identify and build innovative and strategic technology partnerships. Your objective will be to build strategy and drive business impact with key partners in alignment with Splunk priorities and industry trends. You should be a ‘hunter’ with a track record of developing, negotiating and signing revenue-generating deals with market leading technology companies. Success depends on your ability to blend high level strategy, product knowledge, industry expertise, and pragmatic considerations. You must also have strong experience within the wider Security ecosystem landscape with a strong and large network.
- Research Security and DevSecOps ecosystems and prioritize partners in lockstep with Company, Sales, and Market Group goals
- Drive early-stage business development with leading technology and SaaS vendors
- Initiate and build new partnerships from scratch while managing the existing Security ecosystem partners that exceed 500+.
- Creatively structure, negotiate, and execute complex strategic partnership agreements
- Design, develop validate, and launch innovative security offerings that use strategic partners’ technology and market reach
- Make, meaningful recommendations and quickly build consensus across senior level stakeholders
- Work with marketing and events teams to drive Splunk’s participation in strategic partner events
- Help drive and build “sales plays” that contribute to alternative lead generation and revenue sourcing from the Security partner ecosystem
- Working across a very matrixed organization and coordinating with key, cross-functional stakeholders in the Security Buy Center Strategy team, product management, product marketing, partner marketing, event planning, legal, pricing, finance, global partner organization (i.e, ISV, SI, MSSP, OEM, Channel, among others), engineering, project management, corporate development, executive management, sales, corporate marketing, accounting, Security Specialist, and others.
- 15+ years of sales and business development experience including demonstrated success defining, negotiating, and signing complex partnership agreements
- Around 10 years of recent and strong experience working within the Security software industry & the reputation to back it up
- Strong understanding of Cloud Security SaaS ISVs, Cloud Service Providers, along with tradition on-premise Security ISVs, MSSP, SIs, and other partner types
- Must have a vast network within the Security industry, which will help navigate and drive new BD-type activities
- Success working with strategic partners to identify, define, and launch joint offerings
- Experience driving end-to-end alliance partner relationships spanning a range of business activities (exec sponsorship, engineering/product alignment, solution definition, business plan development, marketing, and sales engagement)
- Proven track record navigating competitive partnership dynamics to achieve mutual success
- Collaborative bridge builder with demonstrated ability leading cross-functional, highly matrixed teams
- Highly analytical, data driven strategic thinker capable of creative problem-solving and pragmatic execution
- Excellent management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent minimum requirement
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.