Director Campaign Strategy - Platform and Markets
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Campaign Strategy Director, you will lead and drive our demand generation strategy collaborating with product management, product and corp. marketing functions. You will own crafting a coordinated strategy aligned to user and buyer journeys with a set of global demand gen campaigns including planning and global execution across all regions; messaging, creative and content strategy, campaign architecture, segmentation and reporting. This role is a critical partner to the field, and product organizations, driving execution and pipeline against sales segment-specific goals.
- Leading the overall campaign strategy efforts architecting demand generation campaigns for relevant personas and use cases across IT, Security, DevOps and building new revenue models for vertical markets.
- Execute and optimize global customer-focused thought leadership and demand generation programs that drive engagement, conversion and efficiencies across all stages of the funnel.
- Build and mentor a team of campaign managers on evaluation and conversion tactics necessary to drive opportunities to close.
- Develop coordinated programs via multiple promotional channels (online advertising, email, website, social media, PR, in-person events, webinars, etc.) that will drive MQLs and pipeline.
- Own the process and reporting of all campaigns including communication of results across digital and traditional marketing channels.
- Foster a data-driven culture in collaboration with Marketing Operations to enable analyzing and optimizations such as reach, engagement, conversion and velocity that create leads and close opportunities.
- Serve as a strategic part of the IT and Security Markets leadership team, helping define marketing efforts for building awareness, lead gen, and growing sales in the IT Operations, Security Ops, and DevOps space.
- Proven track record in leading campaign strategy for multiple users and buying centers driving pipeline from opportunity to evaluation to close.
- Proven experience working with and leading planning, design and execution of campaigns with global reach.
- Marketing of Enterprise software required, Cloud platforms a huge plus.
- Ability to understand a complex product portfolio and associated buyers and users in IT, Security, and DevOps. Highly relevant domain in these markets is required for success in this role.
- Working knowledge of Eloqua (or other marketing automation tools) to design, build and execute coordinated programs including landing pages, emails, forms and reporting.
- Data driven DNA with success in reporting on business initiatives and iterating quickly to accommodate changing market landscapes.
- Deep understanding of integrated, multi-channel marketing design based on a foundation of data and analysis.
- Bonus points for experience working with Salesforce.com and Eloqua (or other marketing automation tools) to execute coordinated demand generation programs and measure their efficiency.
- 12 years of direct management experience; B2B marketing in the technology industry is preferred. Strong ability to lead and motivate an organization, drive projects to completion and lead multiple initiatives.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.