Head of Human Resources (HR), Asia Pacific & Japan (Open to Australia or Singapore Locations)
Director, Human Resources Asia Pacific & Japan
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
This position is responsible for creating the strategic regional HR People Plan aligned to business objectives and corporate initiatives. Specifically, this role is responsible for developing regional initiatives, services, programs and processes (across the HR spectrum) to meet the needs of the business and are fully compliant with Splunk's corporate guidelines and employment regulations.
- Develop initiatives to assure that high quality, timely and consistent operational HR services, projects and processes are developed and provided to the APAC region, including hiring, on boarding, performance and talent management, compensation & benefits, employee relations, leadership and organization design. In addition, support and/or localize corporate programs to ensure successful implementation.
- Create regional human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
- Partner to provide progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-term development and growth
- Partner to define and secure support for global remuneration strategies and policies that supports Splunk’s position as an employer of choice and to compete effectively in the APAC talent marketplace; develop and manage employment templates, as well as changes to overall employment agreement content according to local labor laws.
- Serve as a strategic business advisor to the International Expansion team on areas of growth and expansion in APAC
- Work with the Senior HR and Regional Leadership teams to develop and implement change management strategies to support critical evolution of the organization, increase employee engagement and create a culture of high performance
- Provide strong leadership to develop a successful global function that is positioned as credible, proactive, and trusted thought partners through building relationships and delivering results. Coach execs and senior organizational leaders on EQ and IQ behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous learning and development
- Work with the appropriate HR, Legal and Regional Senior Leadership teams to assist in the investigation and resolution of employee relations issues working within the boundaries of applicable local laws, developing and implementing consistent processes and procedures for handling employee relation issues.
- Translate business goals into actionable HR initiatives that help grow the business and over deliver on results. Coach, develop and lead our team of high performing Regional HR team
- Develop and integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into organizational plans at all levels to ensure Splunk receives the full value of employing a global workforce where employees feel comfortable bringing his/her whole self to work in line with our Company Values
- Lead and develop a team of APAC HR Business Partners to execute regional initiatives and deliver on personal and business goals
- Thinks Strategically balanced with strong execution- Partner with business leaders to implement solutions that pursue complex business challenges to address org issues.
- Strong Organizational Change Management experience
- Financial acumen - Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
- HR acumen - Working knowledge of people management skills. Familiar with the end to end HR functions including staffing, total rewards, learning & development. Understanding of current legal, regulatory and governmental labor environment.
- Business insight - Understand organization's business strategies. Aware of relevant external business competition, conditions and trends.
- Partnering and influence - Determine and present solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported. Add insight that positively influences senior management decision-making. Communicate with clarity, conviction and confidence across regions/cultures, including upward when necessary.
- Personal credibility - Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight. Maintain self-esteem and that of others while directly and constructively addressing issues. Create trust and mutual respect.
- Ability to maximize relationships, build trust, communicate effectively is required to analyze HR issues and provide information, direction and advice as described.
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively and courteously with all levels of employees and management are required. Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills are required to provide labor relations support as described.
- Good planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are critical. Able to meet multiple deadlines and challenging priorities within restricted timeframes is required. The ability to handle performance is also required. Superb communication skills, and ability to build relationships with client groups is important, and excellent customer service skills.
- 15+ years of progressing HR responsibility and experience required.
- Experience and strong working familiarity with the cultural differences, work practices across Asia Pacific and Japan region as it relates to Human Resources.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity within a high growth technology company.
- Maintains an awareness and currency of Human Resources principles and practices. This may involve attending advanced training sessions or meetings in which information is imparted and discussed. This may also entail participation with and maintenance of memberships with professional work groups; attending training, seminars, and other business-related conferences; collaborating with peers.
- You have expert knowledge of HR theories, practices and principles as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Organizational Development. Masters Degree preferred not required.
Location: Singapore or Australia
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.