Field Intelligence Manager, Security Markets Group
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a Field Intelligence Manager for Security Markets Group who will drive the expansion of Splunk’s Security product portfolio in environments across the public and private sector.
You will be responsible for acting as an extension of the PM and PMM teams but work closely with the field. You will bring field inputs to the market group about topics ranging from product and go-to-market effectiveness to sales, technical sales, professional services and customer success teams’ pain points with a goal to ensure that Splunk customers who consume the products are successful.
In this role, you’ll be embedded in the field and bring the input back to the Splunk product teams. Using this input, you will help improve the alignment of products and services with standards and frameworks required for conducting business with our customers via cross-functional interlocks and engagements.
Along the way, you’ll get to wrestle with hard technical, business problems, work with Customer Success, Security Specialists, Professional Services, Engineering, Enablement and PMs who love technology.
You’ll prioritize security operations related requirements to expand Splunk's presence. You will collaborate with product, marketing, customer success, professional services, specialists and sales teams across Splunk and, most significantly, with customers to:
- Educate and inform our customers about our product and portfolio roadmap plans.
- Identify gaps and drive resolution in our customer journey from prospect to post-sales with multi-functional support.
- Identify field requirements and pain in the pre-sales stage to the key stakeholders and collaborate with internal teams (Product Management, Marketing, Field Enablement, Specialists, Product Security, Cloud Services & Ops and Internal Audit) to ensure they are prioritized.
- Identify and drive resolution of post-sales needs from customers and Splunk teams like Customer Success, Professional Services, Enablement and Customer Support by engaging with the appropriate teams with the intent of driving accelerated and smooth product adoption.
- Own and drive cross-functional interlocks on key issues affecting seamless and scalable go-to-market motion.
- Understand the market and competition to better identify areas of growth, opportunities and possible threats with the intent to drive appropriate actions such that Splunk maintains its leadership position in the security space.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative field inputs to the planning, execution and go-to-market of new products and releases.
- Extraordinarily strong analytical abilities and a natural predisposition toward data-based decision-making. You should nevertheless be able to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data.
- Prior experience working with and establishing close relationships with Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales teams and field overlay teams such as Specialists, Professional Services, Field Enablement and solutions architects.
- Clear understanding of the Security
- Technical background in cybersecurity/ IT Architecture/Administration experience, MBA is a plus.
- Prior hands-on experience and expertise on Splunk Enterprise, Enterprise Security, UBA and SOAR technologies.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills characterized by transparency and brevity
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to balance many tasks
- Dynamic and engaging speaker comfortable in front of audiences of all sizes
- Ability to prioritize projects and efforts according to business needs
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.