Staff Technical Writer, UX and SaaS
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who care deeply about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an accomplished, forward-thinking writer who is ready to document our next-generation cloud user interfaces for customers as well as collaborate with our design team to present their work to a global audience? Come join us to pursue a unique opportunity. In this role, you will divide your time between product documentation and UX blog writing.
In your product documentation work, you will engage with software engineers, product managers, other technical writers, and editors. You’ll craft customer-facing documentation using our MediaWiki instance that allows you to continuously update your content with improvements and new features.
At the same time, you will work deeply with the UX team to be the voice of Splunk design. In this role, you will work with the Splunk user experience team to distill and highlight Splunk design practices and innovation to inform and inspire readers across the software industry through an ongoing blog series. You will research, craft, and publish compelling content that explains Splunk's approach to design and user research and highlight key case studies that illustrate it.
- Write clear and accurate documentation that enables customers to use Splunk software effectively and efficiently.
- Develop, write, and maintain Splunk design blogs.
- Define the presence of Splunk UX in the industry.
- Work closely with agile development teams, product managers, and sales engineers to define documentation requirements and produce customer-facing docs.
- Discuss technical details and tackle problems with engineers, customer support reps, technical writers, and customers every day.
- Follow an established writing style guide and work with editors to provide the best possible documentation for customers.
- Respond directly to user feedback and integrate user suggestions to continuously improve your documentation.
- Write for a SaaS environment with frequent updates to the documentation and prescriptive guidance that helps customers succeed quickly.
- Work collaboratively and closely with other writers in your area to ensure consistent and cohesive content, style, and messaging.
- Apply knowledge of design trends and methods to deliver engaging web content.
- You have 3+ years technical writing experience with SaaS products.
- You have collaborated closely with UX designers and can explain their work to others.
- You demonstrate the ability to balance multiple, meaningful priorities in a dynamic, constantly changing environment.
- You have an aptitude for cultivating a harmonious, high-energy, positive working environment that values creativity and innovation.
- You can provide writing samples that showcase your ability to write for both technical and design audiences.
Education and experience:
Education: BA/BS degree in UX Design, Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.