Senior Field Product Manager, Public Sector Readiness: Security & Compliance
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly, to each other’s success.
We are looking for a Senior Field Product Manager, Public Sector Readiness: Security & Compliance who will drive expansion of Splunk products in regulated environments across the public and private sector.
Field Product Managers are responsible for acting as an extension of the PM team but work closely with the field. They bring input to product owners to prioritize the right set of features for Splunk customers
In this role, you’ll be embedded in the field and bring the input back to the Splunk product teams. Using this input, you will help improve the alignment of products and services with standards and frameworks required for conducting business with Public Sector customers.
Along the way, you’ll get to wrestle with hard technical problems, work with developers and architects, writers, and a team of PMs who love technology.
- Do you understand intricacies behind acronyms like FIPS 140-2, Common Criteria, FISMA, 508, GDPR, FedRAMP, etc?
- Do you know how infrastructure software has to evolve and change and integrate to meet the requirements behind those standards & frameworks?
- Do you have a working knowledge of data, logging and analytics technologies and understand how they fit together to deliver concrete business value to regulated customers?
- Have you learned the lessons that only come with the experience of working with auditors to get products, solutions, or services accredited or certified?
If so, you might be well suited for this role.
Preferred location This position can be based anywhere in the US but the Washington, DC Metro area is preferred
You’ll prioritize regulatory environment requirements to expand Splunk's presence. You will collaborate with product teams across Splunk, a group of architects and engineers, and most significantly, with customers to:
- Identify a variety of highly regulated customer needs for the platform and architecture
- Prioritize customer certifications/compliance needs and requirements and collaborate with internal teams (PMs, Product Security, Cloud Services & Ops, Internal Audit etc.) to ensure they are prioritized
- Maintain a compliance/certifications roadmap along with estimated release dates
- Develop & execute plans to obtain & maintain necessary government certifications/compliance (Section 508, CC, FedRAMP, FIPS etc.)
- Collaborate in the product feature planning process; ensure that the product set meets the requirements of all regulated customers who will deploy/use it, whether they are IT professionals or procurement departments.
- Understand the market and competition for use case support as a means of driving adoption of Splunk technology.
- Support planning, execution and go-to-market
- Extraordinarily strong analytical abilities and a natural predisposition toward data-based decision-making. You should nevertheless be able to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data.
- Ability and prior experience working closely with sales teams and solutions architects is a requirement
- Understanding of compliance and certifications requirements including FedRAMP, FIPS, FISMA etc.
- Technical background and/or IT Architecture/Administration experience, MBA is a plus.
- If you’re a deep Splunk administration authority with exposure to federal environments, passionate about product management - this is a phenomenal opportunity for you
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills characterized by transparency and brevity
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks
- Dynamic and engaging speaker comfortable in front of audiences of all sizes
- Ability to prioritize projects and efforts according to business needs
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment people with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.