Principal Product Manager - Splunk Cloud Platform
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly, to each other’s success.
As the Principal Product Manager - Splunk Cloud Platform, you will work with your engineering, marketing, and business operations counterparts to define and drive the onboarding, provisioning, and commerce workflows to monetize our self-service cloud platform and enable the Go-To-Market plans for our app ecosystem. As the primary PM responsible for on-boarding apps you will need to thrive in a very cross-functional and collaborative environment. You will contribute to the mission of delivering self-service cloud offerings at scale.
Do you possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, critical thinking and tactical execution? Are you are a hands-on leader? Are you excited about driving the monetization engine for Splunk's next phase of growth? Join us to collaborate with and drive a team of innovators and engineers; and help develop new ideas based on your industry experience and contact with customers, prospects and partners.
The position is based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco, California with additional development offices in San Jose, California and Seattle, Washington.
- Create the product strategy and ensure multiple teams are aligned with robust and well-defined roadmaps and backlogs.
- Collaborate with product, marketing and development teams to develop commerce and fulfillment workflows, as well as high-level foundational platform requirements that meet the Go-To-Market needs across multiple target markets.
- Work with appropriate app developer communities to identify best on-boarding strategy
- Understand similar offerings in the market and formulate a strategy around how to address common business challenges with creative and disruptive solutions.
- Partner with the marketing, business applications, and operations teams to build workflows that support our evolving business systems.
- Work closely with the engineering team to help identify the best technical implementation methods as well as execution schedule.
- 8+ years in product management at an enterprise software company.
- Good understanding of business strategy and pricing levers
- You bring experience and familiarity with software products/services for IT management, big data, and/or business analytics.
- You've developed enterprise cloud/software platforms that have been successfully embraced by the ecosystem.
- Past coaching/mentoring experience is desired but not required
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a dynamic, innovative, enterprise technology environment.
Bachelor’s or Masters degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Splunk. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.