Technical Support Engineering Intern (12 month placement)
Splunk is seeking Technical Support Engineering Intern to provide technical support to our customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, troubleshoot and resolve customer problems, collaborate with engineering on various product issues. Learn Splunk, the leading ITOPS, IT Security & Big Data product, and the technologies that surround it.
- Work directly with customers to provide Enterprise and Splunk Cloud Level Support
- Respond to and follow up on our client’s product related issues
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk product
- Provide documentation and participate in online forum support for real-time questions
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
- Providing outstanding customer service and technical support to Splunk clients and maintaining customer relationships
- Assist in developing support tools to help troubleshoot issues
- Eligible applicants will be returning to full time study upon completion of the internship
- Preference for students pursuing a BS degree program in computer science, engineering or a related discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills/Experience with networking, server, application and web technologies is desirable.
- Some Unix based scripting language (Linux, Solaris, Python, *sh) and some database query language (SQL), report development is desirable.
- An understanding of Relational Databases
- Passionate about technology with a strong desire to learn
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Works well as part of a team and contributes to continuous improvement
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, and teamwork
- Potential to learn how to prioritise customer issues effectivelyWe value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.