Senior Business Intelligence Analyst-Finance Data & Analytics REMOTE OK
As a Business Intelligence Analyst (IT), you are responsible for partnering with finance teams across the organization to understand their analytics needs, analyze data and assist with automated reports and dashboards in Splunk's business intelligence (BI) platform. Gather requirements, analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders with an eye for what drives business performance. Develop data models from large data sets in Splunk’s data warehouse to help automate reporting and drive adoption and effective use of BI tool within every team.
- Work with cross-departmental finance business partners, Data/BI engineers and own the end to end delivery of the data warehouse platform improvements, which includes documenting and prioritizing user stories, demoing solution designs, testing and releasing changes into a Production Data Warehouse environment.
- Understanding of finance/accounting processes and data with experience implementing finance-based BI dashboards and analytics tools
- Analyse data from multiple sources, identify gaps, reconcile conflicts, and process metrics and details to drive decision-making. Provide guidance to Finance business partners in constructing data metrics, statistics, and analysis.
- Serve as a data subject matter expert in projects to support Finance (ERP/Accounting/RevRec) related initiatives or other automation efforts leveraging the Finance data assets and applications.
- 12+ years of professional experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence in Technical/Engineering role.
- Proven track record working directly with business application teams (such as SFDC, SAP, Workday and other SaaS applications) and data engineering teams in a high scale environment.
- Experience with Data Warehouse Techniques (Data Modeling, ETL, Database systems, Business Intelligence) in SaaS stack such as Snowflake, Tableau, etc.
- Exposure to Data Processes in SaaS business applications such as SFDC, SAP, Workday, etc.
- Experience with SAP Core Finance (GL, AP, AA etc.), and SAP ERP data structures (RTR,PTP including Ariba, OTC) and ODATA integration concepts are desirable.
- Strong SQL query experience (must be able to analyze large,complex data sets). Tableau dashboard development experience is a plus. Knowledge of Python programming is desirable.
- Familiar with PM methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, etc.) and knowledge of when to apply methodologies.
- Ability to communicate persuasive discussions, write clearly and concisely, listen attentively, and collaborate with partners to reach mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.