Principal Performance Engineer
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? We are looking for a seasoned, creative Performance Engineer to help us focus on the scalability and performance of our products and create meaningful benchmarks that address customer use cases.
At Splunk, each and every release of our software is highly scrutinized to meet the demands of our customers. As a Principal Performance Engineer, you'll have a key role in our products' success. You will collaborate with peers, field teams, customers to understand and encapsulate the use cases into industry standard benchmarks. You will work with product management and interface directly with our customers to get direct exposure to the usage patterns we strive to satisfy. You will also drive projects to integrate benchmarking into our continuous integration and test automation frameworks.
- You will define, develop and perform performance/scalability benchmarks on Splunk Enterprise and Cloud products
- You will efficiently work with various profiling tools to identify performance and concurrency bottleneck, propose and implement optimizations to improve the splunk product
- You will implement and improve sizing and capacity calculators for key splunk application on the cloud
- 12+ years of experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking
- Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load
- Ability to find root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools, pstack, qmlprofiler
- Hardworking to optimize the performance bottlenecks and improve the product
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Expert in scripting languages (Python) and compiled languages (C/C++)
- Expert in distributed computing system and stack
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker, AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
- Experience with enterprise software capacity planning a big plus
What we offer you:
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
- A set of extraordinarily collaborative and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an exceptional environment.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.