Cloud Support Engineer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In Customer Cloud Support we LOVE to disrupt, we innovate to deliver a phenomenal experience. Diversity Matters, we harness our unique strengths to deliver the best outcomes. We work closely with several different parts of the organization to learn and educate each other, then we build the right solution for all parties; Transparency is at our core. We have fun doing great work with great people. Come become one of us… Due to growth of our customers within Australia/ New Zealand, we are hiring a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our Sydney team. You will be responsible for managing customer technical queries and have a passion for providing an exceptional customer experience and a passion for problem solving. Find out more information below!
Job Description - Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Providing outstanding customer service and technical support to Splunk clients and maintaining customer relationships
- Respond to and follow up on our client’s product related issues
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk product
- Provide documentation and participate in online forum support for real-time questions
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary, file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
- Assist in developing support tools to help troubleshoot issues
Requirements - I’ve already got that!
- Experience in a Technical Support or Service Engineer capacity
- Experience in: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Authentication, Windows, and Mac OS X
- AWS, Puppet, Github Experience a plus
- An understanding of Relational Databases
- Nice to have: Python, Shell Script, Perl, C++/C#/Java, HTML, XML, JSON, Regex
- Experience of Splunk, similar tool or Business Intelligence is a plus
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Works well as part of a team and contributes to continuous improvement
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills, and relationship building capabilities
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize customer issues effectively
- Passionate about technology with a strong desire to work in a ever-evolving technical environment
Education - Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.