Software Engineer - IAM (Remote US Available)
As a software engineer for Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM), your responsibility is to make sure our customers' data is safe and secure. You will join a team whose objective is to provide the best Identity Service for our customers as well as our business stakeholders. You will do so by setting up our authentication and authorization services, in compliance with all regulations.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that:
- You will be responsible for building a cohesive Identity platform
- You will help protect our customers' information and make it valuable for them and the company at large
- You will deliver high quality, well-written code that is quickly understood, easily supported and maintained by the team using standard methodologies
- You will communicate and collaborate with team members within the Scrum framework to meet sprint planning objectives
- You will contribute to the success of the Identity team to build solutions using technologies such as OAuth, OIDC and SAML on the OKTA platform.
What you'll need: I’ve already done that or have that:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience/Knowledge in the IAM domain (Identity and Access Management) areas such as Authentication, Authorization, Federation and Identity Management
- Expertise in at least one programming language (Go, nodeJS).
- Experience in the design, construction and implementation of highly scalable APIs.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively work with others within a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written user documentation skills.
- Experience in delivering solutions by integrating with leading CIAM vendors such as Okta, Ping Identity, ForgeRock or Auth0.
- BS, MS in Computer Science or relevant experience
What we offer you: Wow, I want that!
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open,fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying to.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.