Director Product Management, Observability (Business Service Insights)
Director of Product Management, Observability (Business Service Insights)
Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a hands-on product professional with passion for driving strategy and teamwork? Can you engage a product team and evangelize a vision for an area of Splunk products? Can you collaborate with and encourage a cross-functional team to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking products?
We are seeking a product management leader to join our team as Director of Product Management, Observability (Business Service Insights)! This exciting opportunity combines attention to technical detail and business savviness to apply a deep understanding of the market to build unrivaled products.
In this role you will develop and execute our IT Operations product strategy and execution. You will lead the success of defining, developing and bringing to market our new Business Service Intelligence products built on our market leading operational analytics platform and Observability Cloud, as well as own our existing IT Service Intelligence and IT Essentials businesses.
You will define differentiated use cases that solve key pain points for DevOps/IT users in several areas such as incident response, automation and root cause analysis.
You will lead a team of Product managers to define the product roadmap, go to market strategy and drive adoption and growth of products you manage. You will own the product-market-fit for your products.
You will collaborate with a team of engineers, architects, UX and customers to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking products, And work closely with the other product management leaders at Splunk to strategically align our expanding Observability portfolio.
You will merge attention to technical detail with ability to understand and align to business imperatives, while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
We believe in leadership at every level and ensuring that everyone grows their career at Splunk. A key part of this role is mentoring your Product Manager(s) and Development Team(s), as well as investing in cooperative relationships among your peers in business functions such as product marketing, sales, technical presales, professional services, and support.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Own the product areas of infrastructure and application troubleshooting and business service intelligence, on operational data to solve ITOps problems. You will lead a team of PMs to understand the market and customer needs, define the product strategy and vision, laying out the product roadmap, user experience, product-market-fit, GTM (pricing, packaging, positioning) and driving growth.
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs
- Define product requirements based on customer’s needs, market and technology trends. Make tradeoffs based on ruthless prioritization between balancing the wants of customers versus needs of the market.
- Drive thought leadership and innovation in this space.
- Collaborate with engineering, program management, support and field teams to drive successful product release and adoption
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of customer driven messaging and content
- 7+ years of experience in product management with at least 3 years leading a team of PMs
- Experience building new products from scratch to launch, adoption and growth while managing the roadmap across multiple products in different stages.
- Experience as a Product Manager in a SaaS company. A combination of startup and large company experience is preferred.
- Experience as a Product Manager of multiple products or major feature areas in a portfolio
- Mix of experience with enterprise sales driven motions as well as high velocity, low touch GTM and (see, try, buy) techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence others both inside and outside of the organization, and to lead without authority
- Strong ability to dive deep into competitive, ecosystem and emerging market trends
- Strong analytical skills and data driven product decision-making mindset
- Experience writing, defending and implementing business cases and key business decisions
- Experience in developing, and enhancing user stories, persona development
- Strong knowledge of cloud and SaaS
- Solid understanding of new technology stacks and key personas such as SRE/DevOps/ITOps
- Knowledge of the Observability/APM/AIOps market and key capabilities/differentiation across the categories
- Understanding of modern software development lifecycle using scalable Agile, including experience with CI/CD frameworks and continuo
- Knowledge of ML landscape, tools and application of ML to solve specific user problems
Product & Technology Development and Delivery Background
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Understanding of Machine Learning, serverless computing concepts
- Experience with data management and replication technologies
- Product Marketing and go-to-market experience in enterprise software market
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field (e.g. EE, CS); Master of Science/Engineering, MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.