Legal Counsel, Commercial Inbound
Join us as we pursue our innovative new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Legal is looking for an experienced and motivated attorney to serve as a legal advisor to various solutions groups and business teams. You will work closely with key internal business and technology partners on various strategic and day-to-day legal matters relating to the development and release of Splunk offerings. You will support the introduction of new solutions and channels, ensure production readiness, build scalable compliance strategies, and address customer requirements. The position reports to the Director, Products and Services (Legal).
We are looking for a motivated commercial attorney to serve as legal advisor to our internal business teams on inbound transactions, compliance and strategy. You will work closely with key internal business and technology partners on a wide and interesting variety of transactions and assist with developing internal business and compliance strategies for global scale. The role will report to the Director, Commercial Legal (Inbound).
To succeed, the role requires you to have an analytical mind and business minded approach to legal issues. You need to possess strong business judgment and critical thinking; have the ability to run multiple projects and negotiations at any given time; have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and demonstrate collaboration in a dynamic team; you should have excellent time management and prioritization skills; possess effective persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills, excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills. Success will require self-motivation, self-reliance, and confidence, a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Support Splunk as the customer and work with our Sourcing managers to negotiate and close complex commercial transactions, with a focus on global staffing and recruitment, global benefits, events, GTM and technology transactions (both licenses and SaaS);
- Support Splunk’s international offices as needed;
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships with our Global Spend Management team;
- Draft and update our global templates, and contribute to continuous improvement of playbooks and legal processes;
- Identify compliance risk areas and advise, educate and assist in the enforcement of Splunk’s corporate policies and compliance programs;
- Implement initiatives that advance Splunk’s business including Splunk’s priorities and initiatives; and
- Perform other legal responsibilities as requested
- Law degree with excellent academic credentials
- At least 4 years’ experience in a SaaS, cloud computing, and enterprise software negotiations
- Licensed to practice law in a U.S. state
- In-house experience strongly desired and previous experience in the legal department of an international company preferred
- High ability to learn quickly, assimilate to new teams and projects, provide critical thinking on new and unknown tasks, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements, and experience working in fast-paced technology companies are required
- Experience in negotiating complex inbound transactions for a global company is required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $125,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.