Quote to Order Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Do you want to make an impact and help a company go to the next level? Do you enjoy working behind the scenes and helping a global sales team? Then this might be the role for you! In this role you will work closely with the Sales Operations, Best Practice, Order Management and Biz Apps teams to manage the day to day Salesforce administration and data maintenance.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who is highly organized, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high work volume.
Become an integral part of a high-energy, fast-paced team with significant opportunities to make a positive impact on the business!
- Administer end to end “Quote to Order” process, including overall governance, auditing, reviewing discount and other approvals and timely submission of sales orders
- Assist Sales with completing complex quotes including providing Ad-hoc training when needed
- Review and validate sales related agreements for completeness and accuracy in compliance with Quote to Order policies and procedures
- Work closely with Partner Operations, Distribution Operations, Sales Operations, Partner Development and Order Management teams to ensure quotes and orders meet defined criteria for factors such as booking and revenue recognition (i.e. Proof of Sell Thru, billing)
- Reconcile amounts on orders submitted from Sales to the reported bookings and revenues received from Finance
- Work with Order Management and Sales on non-compliant orders and provide direction and clarity on steps to resolve order issues
- Document, communicate, and enforce policies and processes
- Act as point of contact for Partner and Sales questions relative to quotes, order status, deal registration process adherence, etc.
- Communicate and collaborate on process challenges with internal teams for process efficiencies
- Participate in projects which include quality, data migration/remediation, user acceptance testing and organizational initiatives
- Deliver ad-hoc assignments and produce metrics as business requires
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent practical experience
- 1-2 years Salesforce experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in Sales Operations (preferably in a software and or SaaS (Software-As-A-Service) sales organization)
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities with management support
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and timely adherence to deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing processes and follow them, as well as suggest changes where needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to compose effective and accurate correspondence cross-functionally with various internal and external parties
- Ability to organize, problem-solve and work with assigned contacts
- Scheduling flexibility, as required, during critical periods such as Quarter/Year End close, etc.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.