Product Manager, Platform as a Service
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are not only passionate about our product, but also seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success.
We are looking for a smart, passionate, and experienced Product Manager with experience working in larger and smaller companies in a high-tempo dynamic environment.
In this role you will define and drive the roadmap for infrastructure. This highly transparent position involves working closely and across functions with Architects, Engineers, and Business/Product Architects/Engineers. We rely on your ability to own results, lead a diverse matrix team from idea to inception, as well a lead the front end processes for infrastructure offerings across Splunk.
In the role of Product Manager for the IT group, you'll work on teams building platforms and infrastructure products/services. We build products based on data, hypotheses, and MVPs, not on our opinions or our seniority. We want you to contribute in the same way.
You will collaborate with internal customers and key stakeholders to conduct discovery that defines the evolution of the Infrastructure Service Platform vision, strategy and creation of an appropriate roadmap, identifying key milestones and transition plan over the course of 12-36 months.
You will support the development of implementation plans across multiple domains and areas of expertise.
You will serve as the primary capabilities and solution expert in the components of IT infrastructure. You will work with key stakeholders in the creation of product offerings composed of compute, storage, and networking services that reflect technical command of these services as they relate to industry trends.
- Define, deliver and optimize against data driven goals to meet product objectives
- You'll be the liaison between scrum master, developers/testers partners, and cultivate tact and respectful communication across these groups. You will assist in Scrum related activities, including sprints and client demos. Knowledge of leading multiple projects, work streams, and Kanban boards in Jira.
- You have a practical understanding of good experimental design and statistical concepts related to hypothesis testing.
- You have shown leadership of indirect teams and have the ability to show leadership under occasional direction given on very complex issues.
- You function within Agile principles: Focus on the business need; Deliver on time; Never compromise quality; Build incrementally from firm foundations; Develop iteratively; Communicate continuously and clearly.
- You will demonstrate strong familiarity with and aptitude for cloud computing principles
- You possess an acute sense of urgency and are able to resolve project issues and roadblocks throughout the analytics lifecycle. You'll accomplish this by working with all cross-functional partners as necessary. You'll develop relationships with business partners. You'll communicate resolution and/or critical issue of pertinent project issues, along with ongoing regular updates to manager level and executive level is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field, or equivalent experience and typically 6+ years' total work experience.
- 3+ years of consumer or enterprise internet software product management experience.
- Validated ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions to technical product challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrable ability to understand code for automation, data analysis, or prototyping product features.
- Technical understanding of basic infrastructure technologies such as compute, storage and network.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Confirmed leadership skills.
- Confirmed ability to make data-driven business decisions
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.