Sr. Manager, Industry Solutions Product Marketing - Communications, Media and Technology
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Are you interested in driving the go-to-market evolution for Splunk as we transition to delivering solutions to key industries? Are you passionate about understanding what makes customers successful and codifying that into enablement and playbooks for both internal sales teams, partners and end users? Are you passionate about emerging technologies, working closely with sales, marketing and product teams, and championing customer and partner success? We are committed to our work, customers, and partners, and to having fun. We're seeking an equally passionate, skilled and lively marketing leader to build our emerging Communications, Media and Technology (CMT) industry strategies and initiatives, and the flexibility to support other industries as the team grows.
You will be part of a team of marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging and integrated go-to-market for Splunk as we look towards offering industry specific solutions. You will be knowledgeable in CMT industry trends, areas of concern and investment and understand the organization of various buying centers in CMT organizations. (Note we are also open to an agile marketer without specific industry expertise, but eager to learn about industry specific business drivers and personas.) You will launch go-to-market strategies, products and solutions, contribute to thought leadership, and open up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. You will keep tabs on developments and capabilities across the Splunk portfolio and map capabilities that may be particularly helpful or relevant to the CMT industry. You will collaborate with sales and marketing leaders from around the world to produce the collateral necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities.
Preference for you to be located in the Bay Area, Washington, DC, or New York City. This is a rare opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and industry-leading enterprise technology company. Experience in product and solution marketing with a can-do attitude is critical. CMT specific experience is desired but not mandatory.
- Partner with sales leadership and product to craft and execute business, product, and GTM plans.
- Own positioning and messaging for programs and products as they relate to CMT.
- Manage NPI process for roadmap solutions.
- Build key sales tools including presentations, solutions briefs, customer and success stories to improve sales effectiveness.
- Develop product launch and go-to-market plans, highlight features across the Splunk portfolio that are relevant/ valuable to the CMT audience.
- Represent Splunk in press interviews, analyst briefings, customer engagements, and at conferences.
- Assist field sales by providing your expertise in customer meetings and sales engagements.
- Develop close relationships with partners to communicate product positioning and drive development of new industry specific solutions
- Bring your solutions and initiatives to life through integrated marketing spanning any and all channels -- web, social, demand gen, press, analysts, events, and more.
- Deliver content to support various stages of the buyers journey/ demand gen process.
- 6+ years of product/ solutions marketing, field marketing or demand generation experience in enterprise software.
- Amazing written and oral communications skills including ability to craft differentiated positioning and messaging, build effective sales content, and deliver compelling presentations.
- Experience planning and executing product launches including working within a tight timeline, securing customer references, and creating sales training and enablement materials for the field and partners.
- Experience building strategies for integrated thought leadership and demand generation campaigns
- Ability to represent Splunk at various speaking engagements including conferences, press interviews, and analyst briefings.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, high-growth, sometimes ambiguous, and career-defining environment.
- Collaboration skills and shown success delivering results.
- Requires some domestic and international travel.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.