Discretionary Business Development Representative (Bilingual: English & French)
Location: Toronto, ON
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Due to our expansive growth we are seeking outstanding people to join our team in our growing Digital Sales organization. As a Discretionary BDR, you will cultivate our strategic, enterprise & mid-market businesses by partnering with our Sales teams to build opportunities in existing customer and prospect account accounts.
The day to day:
- Be responsible for a set of accounts & craft your plan to create pipeline
- Have the freedom to design your own campaigns by curating from our existing campaign library & authoring your own. Implement your campaigns digitally using outbound calls, LinkedIn & an intent data tool stack.
- Identify initiatives & projects for assigned accounts, why the initiative/project is important & tell the story of how Splunk fits in
Skills You Can Learn From This Role
- Account Based Strategy | Unlock the hidden potential in your accounts by building, presenting & actioning account plans
- Territory Planning | Learn the secrets of running a territory! Conduct research to cluster accounts into strategic buckets & create new connections within each cluster
- Ecosystem Navigation | Grow your networking skills & knowledge of the customer buying process as part of the account team
- Work with smart people committed to giving you rewarding projects, networking opportunities and a development experience that will go beyond your time at Splunk
- A fast-growing and continually evolving business and market where you will be challenged and grow
- Collaboration isn't a sound bite, it's the Splunk culture! You will partner with a set of hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from Digital Sales and Marketing to Field Sales and Ops
- 1+ years of demonstrated ability selling or building pipeline for SaaS solutions
- Account Based Marketing (ABM) experience plus
- Adaptability: Thrilled by the prospect of not doing the same thing every day. You see changes as puzzles to solve
- Calculated adventurous person who is not afraid to experiment quickly
- Gets Results: Motivated by achievement; sets stretch targets and delivers outstanding results in dynamic conditions
- Innovative Game Changer: You never say "Don't change it if it's not broken." & instead are always looking at things from different angles with an eye for how to do it better, faster and more efficiently
- Owns Personal Growth and Learning: Understands the impact actions have on others and seeks out knowledge and opportunities for learning and self-improvement
- Passionate desire to move up in other sales functions at Splunk
- Conversational fluency in French and English
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.