Senior UI Designer, Data Experience
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We’ve completely restructured our design organization from the ground up. Why? Because we believe that in order to innovate and improve Enterprise products, we need a fresh perspective. That’s why we have invested in hiring diverse talent with backgrounds in motion design, design systems, data visualization, mobile design and more.
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you enthusiastic about both user interfaces and data? Do you think good design has the power to make the world better? Do you enjoy the challenge of helping users quickly and easily turn big data into valuable insights? If so, Splunk would love to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone with experience designing for sophisticated users who need to perform complex, iterative analyses on data of widely varying types, and get quickly to insights. We’re looking for a designer who knows how to enable users to craft compelling visualizations, both individually and as part of dashboards and reports, that communicate these insights.
Someone that wants to empower users to tell a story using data through visualizations.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a technically sophisticated environment. We’re also looking for someone who can communicate effectively, and collaborate closely with other designers, user researchers, developers, and product managers.
- You will assist with building attractive, high quality UI/UX designs, of both low and high fidelity. Ability to execute visual design is a plus.
- You'll get the opportunity to explore visualization solutions for various mediums including monitors, augmented reality, virtual reality, mobile, tablets and more. Involvement in end user research to explore, uncover and analyze end user requirements during field studies, user interviews etc.
- You will have the opportunity to work as a team with peers and teammates on interactions, behaviors and experience design while helping our amazing engineering team execute and build these experiences and features.
- Communicating your ideas and concepts - both verbally and visually, through clear documentation
- Working within a visual design language and guideline to design thoughtful, well-crafted solutions while helping to define that same language
- Turning complex problems into simple solutions
- Testing and exploring different ideas at various fidelities of prototypes
- Working independently as well as within a team
- You have experience with working with any of the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, Framer, Webflow, Supernova, UXPin, Invision etc
- We give preference to experience with crafting a web application: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, as part of an open source project.
- You have a general interest and/or passion in data visualization.
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major, and strong record of academic achievement
- Minimum 6 months relevant work experience
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.