Manager, Internal Audit (SAP Finance & Business Systems – Application Risks, Controls and Compliance)
SAP experience required for this role
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is looking for a motivated Internal Audit Manager to join our Audit team. Reporting to the VP of Audit, you will be responsible for designing and executing various application reviews, application controls assessments, advisory projects and audits of finance and broader business systems (e.g. Sales, Engineering, Legal etc.) to support compliance (e.g. SOX Application Controls etc.) and operational requirements. This position will also serve as a liaison between internal partners representing the business units / departments / functions and external auditors.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Execute the overall IT SOX applications controls audit program including risk assessment, audit scoping, testing of controls and develop specific recommendations to improve processes
- Perform and document IT application and Finance process walkthroughs
- Identify and Implement SAP Application Controls and GRC controls requirements
- Assist with Governance requirements for GAAP and non-GAAP metrics, specifically relating to the cloud business and design/implement related systems and applications controls
- Perform testing of SOX controls (IT application Financial controls), auto controls, SOD & System generated reports.
- Perform management’s review of SSAE16, SOC 1 / SOC 2 reports
- Interact and develop working relationships with IT and business units at various levels and serve as a liaison between IT, business units and the external auditors
- Assist in project reviews and special audit projects including M&A Integration process and controls related to acquisitions
- Assist in change management activities: review system requirements to make sure that system changes support and improve business processes and identify opportunity for automated controls
- Perform system access testing including assessment of user roles/profiles and evaluation of Segregation of Duties, across various applications/systems and their underlying platforms
- Participate in an advisory capacity on non-SOX projects that have internal control implications
- Assist with Business systems assurance for any new systems that impact the Financial Reporting process
- Assist process owners in the creation and maintenance of IT & Finance policies and procedures to support regulatory compliance activities
- Assist in designing and implementing a common controls framework (operational and compliance) for key business processes
- Identify process/control deficiencies and recommend remediation plan and monitor it’s progress
- Assist in providing necessary training to the process owners
- Assist with periodic management reporting
Requirements: I’ve done that or have that!
- 8 years of IT Audit experience, preferably with mix of Big 4 and Corporate SOX and Internal Audit
- CISA or CIA cert desired
- Experience with cloud-based applications is a must. Experience with SAP, NetSuite, Salesforce, Workday, Open-air, Concur, a plus Experience with GRC systems
- Strong understanding of SSAE 16, SOC 1/SOC 2 reports
- Strong analytical skills to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines and ability to successfully manage multiple assignments and projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, time management and organizational skills
- Travel including international travel as needed (<20%)
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Accounting or Finance
- CISA or CIA certification
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.