Technical Support Engineer
Splunk is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our global technical support organization offering 24/7 support for our customers around the world. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical expertise and excellent customer experience around Splunk’s security products and solutions, and participate in ongoing projects around tools, knowledge management, our growing marketplace of solutions, and more. Our team operates on a 7-day global coverage model, and as a result, our support engineers are occasionally asked to work on weekends.
- Provide outstanding service and technical support to Splunk customers and maintain positive customer relationships
- Take ownership of resolving customer problems while ensuring an outstanding customer experience
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Splunk product and related technologies, with a focus on our security line of products, such as Enterprise Security
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Create, reuse, improve, and maintain quality knowledge articles as part of the case management workflow, while following Knowledge-Centered Service principles and methodology
- Reproduce customer issues, file bug reports, raise issues to Engineering, and be the bridge between customers and product developers
- Drive continuous improvement of tools, processes, and product supportability
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned and participate in special projects
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, and excellent communication - both verbal and written
- Experience with UNIX (Linux, *NIX), LDAP, Windows, or Mac OS
- Experience in technical support, system administration, or similar technical role, with a strong preference for experience in an IT security role, such as security analyst, SIEM administrator, or other relevant position
- Understanding of networking concepts, including network security, log analysis, authentication protocols, and network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Python, Perl and shell scripting, XML, HTML, or other scripting languages
- Logical approach to problem solving with strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to adapt to changing priorities of customer issues
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly while remaining current with the latest industry knowledge
- Passionate about working in a dynamic technical environment and supporting a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
Nice to have:
- Prior experience with Splunk and Enterprise Security strongly preferred
- Knowledge of security industry tools, such as Nessus, Sentinel, and other relevant tools
- Exposure to AWS (including Amazon EC2 and S3) or Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of containerized technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with JSON, REST API, and similar technologies
- Experience providing SaaS support
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex)
- Security industry certification (CISSP, CISM, GSEC, CEH, Security+)
- Experience in Business Analytics is a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Splunk provides reasonable medical, religious, or other legally required accommodations for eligible employees.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.