Senior Sales Engineer
Join our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Embrace your inner geek within a team of incredible technologists at Splunk!
We are looking for our newest Senior Sales Engineer for the Splunk family in Melbourne. This person will help our strategic customers harness the full value of our platform. You will have a passion for driving growth and adoption with our customers by demonstrating Splunk's ability to bring data to everything.
Responsibilities: I want to (and can) do that
- Demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Lead or participate in discovery calls/conversations with prospects (autonomously or in collaboration with your sales counterpart) to discover and/or validate opportunities.
- Establish and develop positive relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Visit prospects and customers/partners, and engage in onsite customer work in the form of ‘Proof of Value/Concept’ when required.
- Answer complex technical inquiries and address customer concerns to drive successful outcomes.
Requirements: I have done (and can) do that
- Understand each customers' business, operations and industry including the strategic business and technology goals.
- Experience selling into BIG 4 Banks is desirable
- Demonstrate how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to be organized and analytical as well as creative and adaptive
- Desire to work for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing customer base.
- Work with peers and cross functional teams to develop and continually improve working practices and processes
- Work with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc
- Hands on skills with operating systems like UNIX, Linux or Windows.
- Experience and hands-on skills with scripting languages such as Python and Perl, as well as with regular expression (RegEx) pattern matching would be an advantage
- Familiar with other open source technologies, search engine technologies and query languages.
- 5+ years of Presales experience working for an Enterprise Vendor is preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.