Financial Systems Program Manager
Join us as we pursue our vision to transform Finance processes and systems to scale Splunk for the future. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year.
With hyper growth comes the need to scale our processes and systems. Our goals are high-reaching and to accomplish them we are bringing aboard a superlative Program Manager to take on a portfolio of projects that will assist us in our Finance transformations. You will bring your real passion for agile project management and business applications and play a key role in driving the implementation and delivery of this crucial evolution to Splunk.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assist in portfolio roadmap execution by collaborating with IT delivery leads and project managers on project initiation activities such as project definition, dependencies, scope, resourcing and budgets
- Maintain oversight of all Financial Systems programs in purview and ensure that all commitments are properly planned, staffed, and monitored by working with the owners of individual project timelines
- Communicate changes to portfolio as appropriate to business partners
- Recommend strategies and methods to improve implementation effectiveness
Finance Systems Roadmap
- Receive and manage the new projects requests from business leaders
- Coordinate the prioritization of projects and initiatives within a portfolio in conjunction with business partners
- Collaborate with our business partners to create and maintain a business applications delivery roadmap that includes priority and business benefits
- Maintain key stakeholder alignment through regular touchpoints with executive, business partners and IT delivery teams
- Communicate roadmap and portfolio status to executive and internal teams as appropriate.
Management of Programs and Projects
- Lead large, complex, cross functional and visible projects to completion
- Suggest creative solutions or facilitate collaboration to address complex requirements
- Establish project calendars and monitor adherence to schedule
- Create accountability for outcomes and facilitate tangible transformations
- 8+ years experience as a software project manager or an implementation consultant with experience leading large and complex cross-functional projects
- 3+ years leading projects in Business Applications such as Salesforce / SFDC, Anaplan, RevPro, SAP, Workday or a comparable system
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiar with business processes related to Subscription Billing and Revenue Recognition, Installment Billing, Usages, Overages, Rating & Billing, etc.
- Tolerant of ambiguity and the flexibility to work well in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication ability (written and oral)
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of portfolio management concepts
- Effective problem solving skills with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources to assist
- Portfolio management experience in a Financial Systems setting
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Agile experience or Agile certification preferred
- Consulting background preferred
- Vendor management experience preferred
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits and we take pride in the diverse and innovative culture that sets us apart as a company.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.