Senior Security Solutions Engineer
Our Security Solution Engineers work with our customers to realize the potential of Security Automation & Orchestration by developing advanced playbooks and new integrations with a wide range of security technologies and services. The role involves not only developing the solutions, but working with our customers and partners to improve their projects by providing mentorship on how to solve technical issues and challenges. You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems and seeing results that generate success.
Phantom Playbooks are the codification of a client’s security operations (SecOps) plan. In practice they’re high-level Python scripts that Phantom interprets to execute a series of actions. Playbooks hook into the Phantom platform and all of its capabilities in order to deliver on these actions, ensuring a repeatable and auditable process around security operations.
- Interacts with Enterprise customers in a wide range of industries including Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Technology, Energy, and Government.
- Develop reusable, testable, and efficient Python-based Playbooks.
- Extend the platform through the development of Phantom Apps.
- Train and mentor security development teams.
- Identify use cases that utilize existing tools and the Phantom platform to enable automation and orchestration.
- Actively participate in the Phantom Community as a subject matter expert.
- Working with the customer to identify security integration and implementation strategies.
- Helping the customer develop their expertise and knowledge of the Phantom product. This role also includes supporting the definition of requirements that enable creative integrations and playbooks.
- You are the voice of the customer to Product Marketing and Engineering, enabling to respond to real world customer demands and capabilities.
- Train and mentor security operations teams, threat intelligence groups and incident responders.
- You actively participate in the Phantom Community as a subject matter expert, presenting in forums, online and at conferences.
Skills And Qualifications
- Experience in Security Operations Centers, Incident Response, Architecture / systems engineering
- Consulting skills
- Proficient development skills with Python, with experience in using REST APIs to integrate disparate security technologies.
- Broad exposure to an array of IT security technologies
- An understanding of software development best practices to identify requirements and guide Phantom’s partners to develop new apps and playbooks.
- A good foundation in the deployment of multiple security solutions. Experience in Linux and networking is required.
- Technical curiosity
- Ambitious, motivated, and team focused
- Excellent communications
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.