Corporate Development Associate
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a dynamic individual interested in M&A, investments, corporate strategy and operations? Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world and be based in the Bay Area? Then this position at Splunk is for you!
We are looking for someone to join Splunk’s Corporate Development team, responsible for driving inorganic growth at Splunk through M&A, investments and inbound OEM licensing. The team collaborates closely with senior Splunk leaders across all functional areas as well as external executives, investors and advisors.
As a Corporate Development Associate, you will be involved in the full transaction lifecycle from strategy formulation and target identification through execution and integration. This requires you to maintain deep knowledge of Splunk’s markets and relevant companies within those markets, identify opportunities for inorganic growth and provide recommendations to Splunk leaders. You will also quarterback the transaction process, lead due diligence, build financial models, define integration plans and drive integration efforts with cross-functional teams. You will have significant visibility within Splunk and have opportunities for increased responsibility as our team grows.
Given the multi-dimensional nature of the role, we are seeking someone who has a combination of strong quantitative skills, project management skills, communication skills and a commitment to continuous learning.
- Research adjacent markets, monitor competitors and identify key trends impacting Splunk
- Partner with Splunk leaders on strategy development and build/buy/partner decisions
- Identify and evaluate potential Merger & Acquisition/investment/inbound OEM opportunities
- Play significant role in deal execution including structuring, negotiations, due diligence, financial modeling, integration and project management
- Prepare presentations for Splunk leaders that balance detailed analysis with crisp conclusions
- Operationalize Corp Dev processes to help Splunk scale
- Support existing portfolio of acquisitions, investment, and OEM activity
- Record of achievement in quantitative activities
- High aptitude to learn quickly
- Thrives under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated to take ownership of projects and solve problems creatively
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively across all levels
- Sound judgement used to navigate complex scenarios
- Knowledge of enterprise software industry and personal interest in data-oriented technologies
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years in investment banking ideally focused on the technology industry
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.