Senior Business Analyst
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness. You will have a consistent track record automating core business processes with low friction, high-value business systems. As Splunk scales into a 10 billion dollar company, it is critical we get our processes and systems right for subsequent growth. This role is for you if you possess a blend of engagement skills, product management, sales process knowledge, critical thinking, and a real passion for frictionless systems.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst, OTC - Finance Technology will work with a broad set of Business and IT partners, Vendors/Partners, use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, out of the box thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to build holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Splunk’s long-range goals.
You will work with a dynamic, distributed team responsible for rapidly evolving the systems and processes supporting our Finance and Accounting functions. You’ll be responsible for the design and delivery of new or enhanced solutions in SAP OTC and SAP BRIM areas. You’ll work closely with business, IT partners and other stakeholders to design, build, test and delivery high quality deliveries. You will evaluate potential new applications and solutions against business requirements, ensuring they are aligned to broader architectural and security standards and that they meet tactical and strategic objectives.
You will also work with a global hybrid team of business analysts and engineers supporting production applications and maintenance of 24x7 applications in a SOX compliant environment.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Design new processes to support and/or leverage SAP (S4 Hana)
- Design system for newer revenue models (subscription billing, usage, overage, burn down, etc.)
- Manage data clean up exercise in conjunction with Biz Apps team members, perform data clean up and reconcile with existing system
- Collaborate with Sales Ops team to build controls over customer account set-up and hierarchy to stop data issues
- Identify internal/external key processes and system dependencies
- Identify potential impacts to external systems
- Design credit and rebill process or alternatives to reduce data issues
- Identify reporting requirements
- Work with the cross functional projects team, end users on core requirements to identify test scenarios and design test cases
- Consolidate reporting defects, tracking, validating with Testers.
- Report and communicate progress of testing for each release
- Drive best practice business processes and solutions.
Requirements I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of experience in SAP Order Management and 3 to 5 years of functional expertise in several BRIM process areas including Subscription Order Management, Convergent Mediation, Convergent Charging, Convergent Invoicing, FI-CA
- Hands-on functional configuration and design experience
- Exposure to other finance business process areas including P2P, GL Accounting, AR and others
- Experience in integrations with multiple SAAS applications and system including, SFDC, FFPSA, Workday, Stripe, OneSource, RevPro, Banks using Multi Bank Connect(MBC), SnowFlake, EDI
- Deep experience and expertise in translating business requirements and processes into low friction automation and high impact solutions
- Experienced with complex problem-solving steps and skills. Be able to determine the source of a problem and find an effective solution through an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative.
- Well-organized; able to multiple tasks and prioritize in a high-pressure environment with minimal supervision
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Salesforce CRM knowledge and/or experience
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.