Food and Events Program Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is searching for a Food and Events Program Manager to join the team and work in a dynamic, fun, friendly and fast-growing company. You will possess the right blend of technical expertise, project management, organization ability and shown success in a variety of applications. You are creative and value driven with extraordinary customer service skills and are able to interface seamlessly with the Splunk corporate culture.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Bay Area Facilities, this role oversees all food services and facility supported events in the Bay Area offices and shows an ability to “get things done” with a sensitivity to time. A strong leader, you will drive operational excellence through a combination of interaction with internal partners, vendor relations and alignment with Splunk culture elevate the employee experience.
We look forward to having you join us to help build amazing work environments so employees can do amazing work.
- Work with the Facilities team on meeting & event set-up needs.
- Collaborate with Splunk partners to ensure their on-site events are properly supported.
- Maintain a support team schedule to ensure every event is fully covered.
- Ensure that all event requests align with established policies.
- Manage the food service operator for the office cafeteria ensuring high quality menus, as well as the highest standard for food safety practices.
- Monitor compliance with all applicable health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
- Oversee food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents in order to verify product quality and quantity.
- Coordinate with the local Facilities teams to ensure the breakroom snack and beverage programs meet Splunk criteria.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or setup.
- Manage food and event budgets, track spends, find opportunities for savings, and provide support for budget development.
- Lead multiple projects or tasks at one time.
- Other project, activities and duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience managing corporate food operations and/or corporate events.
- Ability to operate with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Skillful in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- You've worked in a customer-facing environment.
- You have great communication and social skills.
- At least 2 years of managing vendors.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in dynamic environment.
- Adaptable and able to quickly change priorities and responsibilities.
- Enjoy working with a fun, team with dynamic strengths.
- High level of awareness and great work ethic.
Education: Got it!
- BS/BA Degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.