Senior Manager, Infrastructure Finance
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an individual to join its finance team. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast growing business. This highly visible position will be passionate about strategic and functional planning and analysis support within our IT and Security Operations and Regional organizations.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Senior Director, the Infrastructure Senior Manager will build and maintain an effective planning, reporting, and analysis process for these teams. You will maintain functional spend models and forecasts. Additionally, this individual will work directly with leaders to do annual planning, quarterly forecasting, and monthly close activities (e.g. verifying expenses, explaining variances, etc.), as well as provide strategic advice. This is a unique opportunity to become the FP&A lead in supporting executives and to take ownership of crucial and operational processes.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will establish positive relationships with and become a key advisor to the IT and Security Operations leadership teams allowing you to build a nuanced understanding of data inputs and outputs.
- You will roll up your sleeves and assist in developing annual operating plans, quarterly and monthly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances. Work with team members to enhance global financial and operational performance trends (historical and forecasted) using appropriate metrics.
- Create, develop, and maintain detailed financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions (i.e. Infrastructure cloud computing service capacity model, resource allocation. etc.).
- Partner with IT and Security Operations leaders to create return on investment analyses and assist in contract negotiations for major spend initiative. Additionally, review purchase requests to ensure accuracy and compliance with financial plan.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees.
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Ability to work in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- Superior software and system skills (e.g. NetSuite, Microsoft Excel) a must. NetSuite and Workday experience a plus.
- Experience and understanding of the SaaS business model and infrastructure cloud computing services.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
- 8+ years of related experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.