Product Strategy & Operations Lead - IT Services (Remote, US OK)
Product Operations Lead - IT Services
Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a Product Operations leader to ensure that the Information Technology Services (ITS) Product team has established and consistent product practices, tools, and metrics strategies in place that allows them to deliver the highest business and customer value. Their immediate focus will be to define and implement a metrics strategy, for the ITS organization, that will showcase the value, performance, and financial health of ITS, and help identify investment opportunities to continually improve ITS products and services. The Product Operations manager will be the connective tissue that holds the product team together. By managing systems and processes, they will ensure timely, audience-appropriate communication. They also analyze and synthesize data, while identifying opportunities for efficiency and sustainability. They will work closely with product managers, engineering managers, and cross functional technology leaders to gather and assess the current state, identify gaps, and build and implement a roadmap to close the gaps that prevent the team from delivering the highest value.
This is an opportunity for you to work on complex problems, and gain insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the Products team. You will support senior-level decision-making and establish relationships with people across the organization.
- Build a comprehensive metrics program that encompasses both the “so what” of what we deliver - articulating the Business impact metrics and Product metrics (e.g., Revenue impact, Cost Efficiency impact, Product CSAT, Adoption), as well as the “how” we run our business - ‘IT as a Business’ metrics (e.g., team health, team size, budget, employee engagement)
- Formulate and implement operational plans to address process challenges and opportunities, and drive effective communication of product outcomes across the organization. Be responsible for the operational practices of the PdM function to ensure cost-effectiveness, consistency, and best practices.
- Act as the analytics SME for teams and translate business needs into technical requirements that can be implemented by analytics developers to build key metrics dashboards that can be self-served as appropriate.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Present metrics on a defined cadence to management and the team. Keep metrics and dashboards updated, refining broad ideas and needs.
- Work with the Product Managers and other stakeholders to determine gaps in the current processes, standards, and technology used for Product Management. Drive remediation of those gaps including implementation of new processes / tools, documentation, best practices, training, and maintenance.
- Maintain templates, frameworks, guidelines, how-to references and resources.
- Recommend future demands related to people, technology, budget and business within the department and work with leadership to design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: Product Management, Product Operations Management, Management Consulting, Strategy, Customer Experience, or equivalent Voice of Customer role.
- Programming skills with querying languages: SQL, SAS, etc.
- Experience with Splunk Analytics platform
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Google analytics
- 3+ years experience leading (direct or indirect) a team.
- Excellent communication skills with experience synthesizing and presenting sophisticated information to senior leadership.
- Experience influencing stakeholders with data.
- Experience in gathering business insights and identifying trends from data, including combination of data from multiple sources.
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills with the ability to bring people together and along for the journey.
- Understanding of/and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving with experience driving complex projects or programs with several competing stakeholders
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Splunk has been in the Top 10 "Best Places to Work" for ten years in a row, and we're only getting better!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.