Senior Auditor - SOX & Internal Audit
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team is looking for a motivated Senior Auditor - SOX and Internal Audit, who is passionate about delivering finance, operations, and technology assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management services to Splunk. The position will be responsible for executing both SOX Compliance & Internal Audit activities worldwide. You should be highly organized, energetic, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position ensures internal control measures are in place, company policies and procedures are followed and government agency regulations are met.
- Take ownership for executing overall audit programs, including Internal Audit and SOX risk assessment, Audit planning & scoping
- Assist in the development of an audit plan for Internal Audit projects, execution of operational audits to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control environment, compliance with Company policies and procedures, and find opportunities for process improvements
- Prepare Internal Audit reports to document findings and provide recommendations for improvements
- Participate in special projects and investigations, policy and procedure reviews, new product and service development/ new system application reviews
- Perform process walkthroughs and maintain up-to-date process documentation and workflows
- Partner with process owners by providing guidance and assistance for controls/ process improvements
- Perform SOX testing including key reports and key spreadsheet testing, prepare document request lists, test scripts, and test work papers. Preferred experience with processes such as Revenue, Order to Cash, Tax, Equity, General Accounting, Commissions, etc.
- Identify process/control deficiencies, recommend remediation plan, and monitor remediation progress
- Execute quarterly 302 sub-certification process and summarize the results
- Assist external auditors with process walkthroughs, independent testing request, and other audit requests
- Developing successful liaison and partner with internal and external auditors
- Assist Finance and IT business units with process/ internal control related matters
- Maintain an awareness of the latest audit developments and best practices
- Assist in providing necessary training to the process owners
- Assist with periodic management reporting and other ad-hoc projects
- 4-5+ years of related experience in a top public accounting firm and/or publicly-traded company
- Strong understanding of internal controls, SOX compliance, COSO, and internal auditing standards
- Internal Audit experience of Technology (software) related industry strongly preferred
- Strong financial systems background and experience with SAP S/4 Hana system, strongly preferred
- Strong time management and organizational skills to successfully lead multiple assignments and projects simultaneously
- Strong documentation skills, accuracy, and attention to detail a must
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to travel, including internationally, travel as needed (<20%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent
- CPA, CIA, or equivalent certification
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.