Machine Learning Architect
Machine Learning Architect
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Machine Learning team is looking for an expert machine learning architect who can design, build, test, and support our batch and streaming machine learning and data solutions for on-premise and cloud platforms. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in architecting, designing, developing and deploying machine learning algorithms at scale. You have a customer-focused approach and will set the provide technical direction to the team.
Splunk architects are passionate about continuously improving both what we deliver, and how we deliver our product to customers. As the machine learning architect, you will:
- Drive architectural design decisions for Splunk’s machine learning infrastructure.
- Plan, design, develop, test, and maintain key software improvements, primarily related to machine learning capabilities at Splunk.
- Lead a high performing team to drive scalability and innovation to ensure long term effectiveness and interoperability between all components of the machine learning framework.
- Work closely with product management to define product strategy and roadmap.
- Lead software system architecture and design to appropriately incorporate machine learning into product features and effectively communicate this solution to software engineers, architects, and business leaders.
- Be a team player who enjoys collaborating with, learning from, mentoring, and teaching other team members to create a positive work environment.
- 10+ years of software and product development experience, preferably in cloud computing or distributed systems and Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop.
- 5+ years of experience in similar role that displays strong leadership competencies and ability to foster technical strategy
- 5+ years of professional experience using machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, SparkML, or Tensorflow, and tools such as notebooks (Jupyter, Zepellin).
- 10+ years of experience deploying enterprise production systems in Python, Java, Scala or C++.
- Experienced with container and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.