Cloud Support Change Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As one of our Cloud Support Change Managers, you will be managing changes for our customers by working closely with customer support, site reliability engineering and other cloud teams as appropriate.
You are responsible for ensuring changes are scheduled in a timely and accurate manner as well as overseeing and reporting progress in daily review meetings. Most importantly, you are the sanity check and a safety valve for the fast-moving cloud platform. You are empowered to take risks, understanding the consequences and instill a sense of accountability amongst the wider team.
What you’ll be doing:
• Managing global customer support and SRE teams to ensure process compliance and clear definition of requested customer changes.
• Constantly seeking opportunities for process improvement, documenting process changes and communicating these to the wider team.
• Frequent contact with/from customers, account teams, customer support, ops/SRE, product management, professional services, Customer Success Managers, Sales Engineers and Exec Management.
• Effectively dealing with high priority/urgent scheduling changes.
• Managing the various schedules -- release, production changes, project timelines, etc.
• Providing daily metrics/status for environment and project health (Dashboards or other KPI delivery methods).
• Conduct trend analyses to identify potential points of service failure, launching service improvement actions that provide solutions to the perceived exposure.
• Participate in weekly CAB meetings.
• Provide guidance and assistance in classifying changes & in identifying risks to the environment.
• Act as point of escalation for customer for all IT changes, providing support teams with the tools they need to submit, update, approve and implement as quickly as possible.
• Love to wear multiple hats and keeping all the plates spinning.
• Excellent reader of people and culture and you enjoy building relationships to make things happen.
• Highly functional in a dynamic, challenging environment.
• Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
• Communications superstar.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent
• Have 3-5 years in fast paced Cloud environment supporting both customers requested changes and infrastructure changes.
• Have strong ITIL process management experience, including documentation, specifically focused on change management.
• Have familiarity with all other ITIL processes that support the change management process.
• Have experience with Jira and Salesforce.
• Familiar with AWS and Splunk would be a big plus.
• Superior written and oral English & Japanese communication skills are essential
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.