Legal Project Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We’re looking for a hardworking, self-motivated individual with at least 5 years of project management experience working with global technology companies to join our growing Legal team in the role of Legal Project Manager (LPM).
You are detail oriented, but can be strategic -- we’re not looking for just a worker bee! Bring your can-do attitude and service mindset. Familiarity working with legal is a must, as well as with IT, Security, Products and other related partners. You’ll lead meetings, navigate priorities, make a difference, and exhibit effective and clear communication.
There’s plenty happening at Splunk. You’ll need a growth mindset, so you can identify and articulate business needs, and pivot as priorities change. You had better also enjoy working with a diverse team that gets things done and makes a difference.
This position will work closely with the Senior Program Manager of Legal Operations. Primary focus will be to lead projects as assigned, including plan, budget, and track engagements, build consensus, assign activities, monitor execution and analyze results.
In this role you will:
- Extract requirements, document scope, estimate required resources, and budgets. Create charters, timelines and project plans.
- Monitor project status and execution, provide clear communications to all levels of leadership while staying on time and on budget.
- Lead projects including building consensus to meet stated objectives. Form strong working relationships with peers local and global, within Legal, other departments or outside of Splunk.
- Provide direction to staff, vendors or contractors on a project-by-project basis.
- Own project administration, including 3rd party contracts and invoices, as necessary.
- Take a continuous improvement approach to our Legal team and the business. Identify areas where improvements can be made. Help build a leading Legal Program Management group.
- Seek areas where Legal personnel could benefit from project management discipline and assist in bringing those standards to Legal.
- Assist in identification of Legal technologies and tools, especially as they relate to project management.
- Keep tabs on changes and advancements in Legal Technology, Project Management and related fields.
- Assist in other ways as required.
- Exhibit exemplary project management, communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact and build trust across all levels of our business. Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to ensure accountability in others.
- At least eight (8) years of project management or similar experience in a major law firm, sophisticated in-house legal department, or consulting firm where you have worked closely with legal professionals.
- Experience working with IT, Engineering, Security and other technical groups within the organization.
- Ability to take initiative, make key decisions and work both independently and within the Legal team. You will prioritize and balance multiple tasks in our dynamic, evolving legal and technology environment.
- Strong business sense with a strategic outlook and an interest in working in a fast moving, dynamic and friendly team.
- At least a bachelor’s degree, although MBA is preferred.
- Expertise in project management software, office tools (Microsft Office, G Suite), business intelligence/visualization applications, and collaboration tools.
- Professional certifications or equivalent experience working in Project Management, Information Governance (or related fields), or Legal Technology preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.