Director, Global Partner Marketing
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Splunk is looking for innovative and engaging leader to join the team as Director, Global Partner Marketing. As the leader of the global partner marketing practice, you will drive the vision, strategy and goals for the global partner marketing discipline. You will lead a team effective and creative partner marketers, responsible for partner engagement and experiences, demand generation, alliances marketing, sponsorship and global marketing programs. If you thrive on driving business growth and transformation through partner routes-to-market, this role is for you. Key to success in this global role is a mastery of indirect business models and ecosystems in high-growth, cloud / SaaS organizations with the ability to put vision into action.
You’re a trailblazer. You understand the changing dynamic of partnerships and marketing in a hyper-growth organization. You thrive in collaborative environments and enjoy working with teams across the company and have the ability to influence the strategy and direction of cross-functional teams.
You are self-motivated, flexible, and can handle multiple projects at one time and have a knack for identifying and growing talent. Grit and growth mindset are important. You are a highly effective communicator with an eye for detail while thriving in a fast paced environment.
This critical role will report to the Area VP, Global Partner Programs, Marketing and Operations. You will work closely with the global marketing organization, partner programs and partner operations teams within Splunk, as well as engage with third-party agencies, and the Partner+ ecosystem.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Accountability for the global partner marketing strategy and framework. This includes all to, with, through, and for partner marketing strategies and engagements across all partner types.
- Deliver and lead the partner marketing experience across all channels, envisioning, crafting, and implementing immersive global partner marketing strategies that enhance and grow the Partner+ ecosystem, engage the partner community, and promote a positive partner experience with Splunk.
- Be responsible for the partner marketing target and contribution to the business. Set metrics, analyze data, and be accountable to achieving the targets
- Support large-scale global partner events such as, Splunk Global Partner Summit. You set the vision, strategy, develop the messages, and event format by developing and delivering engaging and high-impact content and experiences for the partner ecosystem.
- Work with demand generation teams to engage partners in demand generating activities, as well as ensuring compelling digital marketing materials are available to the ecosystem.
- Influence your technology stack - work with partner operations and IT business applications teams deliver on the infrastructure to enable a contemporary partner marketing experience, including through-partner marketing, the Splunk Partner Portal, MDF and incentive management
- Guide the partner experience and sponsorship sales strategy and targets for marquee global events programs such as Splunk’s user conference, .conf and SplunkLive!
- Deliver timely, engaging, multi-channel partner campaigns, as the owner of the partner communication, engagement and experiences discipline. This includes communicating with the Splunk Partner+ ecosystem, as well as attracting new partners through partner recruitment campaigns.
- You’re a writer and editor at heart and can deliver communications that are clear, concise, engaging, and grammatically correct.
- Talent development - you are validated developer of talent. You grow, champion, and provide a platform for the success of your team
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Be a key member and leader of a small, but focused and highly effective Global Partner Marketing team that is responsible for marketing to, through, with, and for partners of all types.
- Deliver a positive end-to-end partner marketing experience and results, in support of stated business objectives.
- Carry the partner torch, acting as a partner evangelist focused on influencing the value delivered to Splunk and its customers through partners
- Work across a matrixed organization with internal and external teams to get feedback and buy-in.
- Develop comprehensive global partner marketing vision, strategy, marketing and communications plans.
- Ability to handle and meet multiple deadlines for varying projects.
- Experience working hands on with C-Suite executives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with corporate & product marketing, partner programs and operations, vertical and industry marketing, finance, product management, PR/AR, industry events, sales enablement, business/corporate development and sales to guide the execution of partner marketing and awareness programs on a worldwide level.
The required skill set includes:
- Ability to envision and execute on multi-dimensional global marketing plans
- Confidence in a dynamic, high-pressure, high-visibility role
- 15+ years of experience in partner marketing and communications leadership
- Current experience in a high growth enterprise software company
- Experience and expertise in working with partners of all types: ISVs, MSPs, OEMs, Systems Integrators, Professional Services, Resellers and Distributors.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to influence, motivate and work in a highly cross-functional environment to drive outcomes based plans, programs and execution
- Understanding of a broad range of marketing activities, disciplines, and tactics, including field marketing, digital marketing, and experience events
- Highly motivated, self-starter that can build and launch programs within budget and effectively handle multiple, concurrent timelines
- Ability to travel, including global destinations
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.