Senior Product Manager – Visualization & UI Framework
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a strong leader to drive both the strategy and execution of the Splunk UI & Viz Framework to enable customers to effectively analyze and get value from their data. You will need to build out a robust UI and Visualization framework that will power internal applications across IT, Security, DevOps, and Business Analytics, as well as enable our external developer community. In this role, you will be advocating for key technologies and functionalities, working with engineering to implement this vision, and rolling out frameworks to empower developers to create better experiences for end-users. Additionally, you will engage with developers and evangelists to understand their needs, interpret market trends, and then build and rollout go-to-market plans.
You are organized, positive, creative, analytical, and focused on the customer and partners at all times. You know when to make decisions and when to ask questions. This is an execution-focused role: You maintain a strong long-term vision that aligns with the product strategy. At the same time, you are committed to improving the end-user experience at every step of the way.
Do you love building products that meet specific goals? In response to the accelerating pace of change in big data and analytics, Splunk is extending and opening access to its platform and encouraging participation by new partners in our ecosystem. A crucial part of this effort is the focus on a consistent end-user experience across all product offerings. We are seeking to provide a leading online developer experience with services and tools for developers to discover, access, integrate, and test what they need from Splunk to build new and innovative solutions for their customers.
- You develop the roadmap for data search and exploration end-user experiences that can be customized by developers.
- You work closely with your engineering and UX partners to specify feature details, create user stories and define requirements with clear acceptance criteria.
- You create wide spread awareness of the product your team is building, which allows you to gather other teams' requirements early and integrate into the product roadmap. To that end, you regularly communicate roadmaps to partners, colleagues, and executives.
- You find and nurture a diverse cohort of forward-looking Splunk customers and partners ready to embrace new features and products prior to market introduction.
- You work with teams outside the product function including sales, product marketing, customer success, and support to build comprehensive go-to-market motions from marketing to delivery.
- You have 3+ years of experience in product management and 5+ years developing web-based software.
- You have an informed opinion about what a good user experience looks like and can collaborate effectively with UX designers.
- You can navigate the trade-offs between long-term technical investments and short-term customer focused product iterations.
- You are widely recognized as a leader who can guide teams on how to build modern, consistent, and functional end-user experiences.
- You have shown ability to lead with a vision. In addition, You can guide a team without micro-managing.
- You demonstrate leadership by setting and achieving clear and measurable goals. You make decisions based on facts and data, not speculations.
- You are comfortable working with colleagues in other Splunk offices on a regular basis. This position requires 20-25% travel.
- Experience using Splunk products.
- Knowledge of web development frameworks
- Confirmed experience working within Software development lifecycle methods (agile / scrum) and how they fit into long-term roadmap planning.
- Understanding of the developer lifecycle and frameworks.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.