Senior Engineering Manager (Cloud Data Collection)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for an experienced hands-on engineering leader to help manage and grow a team of passionate engineers team in developing cloud data ingest applications on the Splunk platforms. This team is part of the GDI (Getting Data In) group in Splunk, that has multiple teams working on the cutting edge of cloud integrations, streaming data ingest and cloud onboarding solutions that will provide the data for various Splunk products and solutions in the IT and Security monitoring, investigation and analytics space.
You are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and has a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. You will guide, mentor and motivate them to deliver the best work they can do. You will act as a liaison between your team and Senior Management, Product Management, Project Management, Cloud Platform teams etc.
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack SAAS solutions.
- Experience building cloud native applications in an agile manner using DevOps principles like CI/CD, TDD and build/test/release automation.
- Experience with building applications on and integrating with public cloud services (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Experience developing analytics solutions for Big Data products.
- Java and/or Python development experience is a plus.
- Experience with a messaging system, such as Apache Pulsar, Kafka or equivalent is a big plus.
- Experience with a stream processing platform, such as Flink, Storm or equivalent is a big plus.
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 12+ years of industry experience, of which 3+ years is in Engineering Management
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Play a Hands-on Technical Lead role who will be very familiar with the technical work design and development of the features and be able to get involved at the development and code level as required.
- You will be the liaison between your team, Senior Management, Product Management and other cross-functional teams to drive roadmap and strategy for your product area.
- You will champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top talent.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always growing into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran, status, or disability status.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.