Partner Sales Engineer – Strategic Partners & System Integrators
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
1. Technical excellence
The Partner SE is responsible for all technical enablement of assigned partners. Understanding the partners business model and current capabilities whilst developing new strategies and services is key. The Partner SE is also responsible for the development of a Technical Account Plan, and this should be constructed in accordance to the requirements of the Splunk Partner+ program, the partner sales team and the partner needs.
The Partner SE drives excitement and interest in Splunk by evangelizing on new use-cases, services and solutions based on the Splunk platform - on-premise or in the cloud. The Partner SE will drive growth with the partner and ensure the Partner is investing in additional technical capabilities.
4. Sales support
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Push joint offering and innovation with key partners
- Support the creation of specific solutions based on Splunk applications
- Serve as the technical spearhead in joint lighthouse projects and pilots
- Act as the interface between Splunk engineering and partners to help drive future innovation
- Develop an understanding of partner offerings and capabilities and evangelize within Splunk
- Create and deliver passionate and motivating presentations, both business-focused and technical.
- Support and manage knowledge transfer of Splunk technical excellence and best practice
- Present our solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
- Work with partners to deliver and lead Proof of Value and Proof of Concept engagements to a successful outcome.
- Answer complex business and technical questions, addressing customer and partner concerns.
- Work closely with pre-sales teams to continually improve operating rhythm and pre-sales processes.
- Conduct workshops, enablement, and partner certification sessions.
- Advocate for our partners to ensure they have a voice within the Splunk community.
- Overcome sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Communicate and deliver product messaging at all levels, from an SE-level deep dive to a C-level elevator pitch.
- Ability and willingnessto travel 50%.
- 5+ years experience in selling Enterprise software solutions or services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Domain experience in at least one of the following areas: Big Data,Machine Learning, Application Performance Management, Security & Compliance, Web Analytics, Operational Intelligence, ITOA, App/Dev Lifecycle, and Internet of Things.
- A knowledgeable understanding of the business challenges, drivers, technology, and market challenges of big data/machine data in different verticals.
- Previous experience working in or with Value Added Resellers, System Integrators or Service Providers.
- Understanding of primary sales drivers for partners. i.e. Margin/MDF.
- Ability to participate in account/business planning sessions to identify new and follow-up solution, services, and education opportunities.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.