Sales Intern (Lead Generation) - Summer 2023
Location: The Internship is remote, but if made a full-time offer, you’ll need to be able to work in one of our fun locations: Plano TX, Boulder/Denver CO, Tampa FL, Austin TX, Houston TX, Oklahoma City OK, Colorado Springs CO, Seattle WA, Orlando FL, Jacksonville FL, Chicago IL, Milwaukee WI, Madison WI, Indianapolis IN, Phoenix AZ, Raleigh NC, Washington, D.C.
Who we are:
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. A career at Splunk means challenging yourself and your customers to reach higher - and to have fun doing it. Spunk is currently seeking a highly driven, energetic person to join our expanding team. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
What you get from this internship:
Do you want to make an impact and help change the world? As a Splunk Sales Intern, you’ll be a valuable resource to our sales team and help us bring Data to Everything. This is an opportunity to work at Splunk to help us in changing the way information supports business decisions and positively impacting companies all over the world. You will gain hands-on experience on how to prospect, work campaigns, and set appointments for Splunk customers and new organizations that have never used Splunk before. You will work alongside the Sales team and experience firsthand how our Sales teams engage and act as advisors and advocate for our products and services. You will help identify various issues and use cases that many of our customers encounter and help assure complete customer happiness through all stages of the sales process.
What your day to day responsibilities look like:
As an Intern you will learn our groundbreaking technology, features, solutions & applications, and help identify new prospective customers to help the team with sales qualification.
- You will become proficient in pitching the value of Splunk and being able to provide examples of specific use cases where Splunk has been implemented.
- You will answer questions at a high level from prospects/customers in an accurate and expedient manner and help to advance issues or questions that need further attention to your sales team and/or Splunk technical support.
- You will build craft business profiles to display your ability to turn data and facts into valuable business insights and tell a story.
- You will get hands-on experience calling on Splunk prospects and customers to gauge interest and qualify BANT criteria.
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has:
- You have a real passion for sales and groundbreaking technology, and you are involved in various leadership roles in your University's programs and assassinations. In addition, you have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, creative, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and take coaching
- You know how to work both smart and hard
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Previous experience in a sales or marketing role is a plus
- Must be completing your Junior or Senior year by May/June 2024 and enrolled in Fall 2023 (graduating in December 2023 or May/June of 2024)
- Splunk internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 10-12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2023. Applicants should have a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining in their studies after their internship concludes. Enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in business, technology, communications, or related fields
We provide competitive compensation and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for benefits.
Base Pay Range
Base Pay: $25.00 per hour
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.