Director, Business Value Consulting (APAC)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family is a results focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team lunches, organisation celebrations, volunteer activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
We are excited to appoint a Director, Business Value Consulting, who will be responsible for leading a high performing team and for driving BVC program outcomes for that region. The role reports into the Chief Technical Advisor for APAC.
You are strategically minded and highly adept in working cross functionally. You will work in close alignment with the APAC sales leadership teams to ensure value selling services and methods are leveraged for maximum impact to drive bookings and customer success.
You will drive executive awareness and positioning of Splunk Value Selling methods such that they can be scaled across the Splunk ecosystem and Partner community within APAC.
You will participate in the development and evolution of the Global Business Value Consulting Program including value selling techniques across all market segments for IT Ops, Security, DevOps and Vertical Markets.
- Lead the APAC Value Consulting team to ensure accomplished staff results through planning, goal setting, monitoring, coaching, counselling and developing talent to meet or exceed BVC role expectations
- Establish yourself and your team as a genuine business partner to sales leadership, representing the various engagements the program can offer with Economic Buyer pursuit, business value plans, and strategic support of sales and customer interactions, to ensure you adapt to evolving requirements from sales and customers, ultimately leading to opportunity acceleration and expansion
- Drive strategic thinking and action within your team to best support the attainment of APAC’s business objectives; collaborate with leaders across various go-to-market functions to drive the best business results while ensuring alignment with global BVC strategies.
- Develop a solid vision of value selling in relation to APAC’s business growth. Passionate about value selling in a data-driven SaaS environment, driving value outcomes through digital transformation journeys while inspiring leaders to sell with value
- Provide mentoring, strategic advice and guidance to sales leadership and field resources on the execution of sales opportunities using Value Selling methodologies
- Coach the APAC Value Consulting team on best practice techniques and business cadence to ensure each BVC is maximizing and continuously evolving their business impact
- Evangelize Splunk value drivers and solutions portfolio internally with the field organization and externally with customers, prospects, partners and the wider market through events and conferences
- Drive high interlock between sales, technical functions, marketing, services and customer success managers to build, increase and accelerate opportunity value while ensuring customer success through solid value realization plans
- Help develop, mentor and evolve the APAC SME community within the technical organization
- Collaborate with BVC Strategists and across other Specialist functions to help develop and validate new propositions, methods, tools and advisory workshops that evolve the Splunk selling motion
- Represent the APAC BVC program to field success leadership and help unify and evolve value selling methods through consistent evolution of the program
- Be a good corporate citizen enabling a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; working as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- 10+ years’ field experience selling enterprise software as a specialist within a market segment with a proven track record of supporting sales executives and advising senior business and executive decision makers.
- 5+ years’ leadership experience building and running teams with customer-facing responsibilities and proven ability to grow and scale services with the company
- Direct experience selling SAAS or managing teams that sell SAAS a big plus
- Trusted advisor experience helping sales leaders achieve their targets with creative strategies ranging from staffing models, engagement models, alignment methods and support sale strategies
- Hands-on field experience delivering high-impact customer-facing services such as business value consulting, executive advisory and/or digital transformation services for top accounts
- Overall knowledge of key markets including IT, Security and DevOps landscape and common enterprise software solutions
- Very comfortable conversing with the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision
- Solid analysis and business case creation skills using highly consultative selling methods with strong financial and business acumen in multiple business / functional areas
- Strong sales strategy analysis and thought leadership to drive and scale value selling results within a SaaS business model
- Solid executive presence, polished internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, written and presentation skills, with high ethics, integrity, and humility and a natural ability to work collaboratively with other teams
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CxOs, selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List
- Willing to travel across APAC
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.