Senior Business Systems Analyst - Workday Payroll (remote OK)
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Sr. Business Systems Analyst, you will be part of the core team who will be responsible for the design, development, support, maintenance & improvements of the Workday Payroll application & related processes supporting the global HR and Finance organizations. Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Partner with the HR, Legal, Corporate Accounting, FP&A, Tax teams to understand business needs and solutions that align to overall business strategies and manage to a successful delivery.
- Analyze business requirements, identify gaps, develop/create business requirements, and document the user stories and translate business requirements into effective and efficient application configuration/technical solutions.
- Become an Internal Payroll expert with knowledge of design, configuration, testing, and implementation.
- Provide ongoing production support to the business community regarding application functionality and data integrity. Identify and troubleshoot operational issues.
- Partner & assist integrations team in Payroll integrations configuration and testing alongside client and Payroll vendors.
- Educate and guide users on effective and efficient approaches to implementing new features and provide technical guidance for testing/adoption of new features and functionality.
- Document existing and future processes implemented.
- Test Solutions to ensure they meet the business requirements/specifications.
I’ve already done that or have that!
- 8+ years of industry experience implementing & supporting various HR/Payroll applications.
- 3+ years of design/configuration experience with the Workday Payroll module.
- Extensive knowledge in payroll checklists, earnings and deductions, pay groups, general ledger, costing allocations, audit alerts, approval processes, and security rules
- Experience on Workday Payroll Integration with applications such as ERP, HR & external vendor applications.
- You have a deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles.
- Deep understanding of end to end Payroll processes & systems.
- Knowledge in requirements gathering, designing, prototyping and testing of Workday Payroll solutions.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- Ability to work optimally in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely and ensure others are informed.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize to ensure work is done in a timely and high quality manner.
- Must be Detailed Oriented, Process & documentation oriented.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Workday Payroll & HCM module Certifications
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.