Software Engineer Co-op - Fall 2022
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for students to join our Vancouver-based teams for the fall 2022 Co-op term. As a Front end Software Engineer intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment. You will have the opportunity to:
- Design, develop, code and test software systems, or applications for software improvements and new products.
- Contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems.
- Make an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation.
Front end roles are available on the following teams:
Enterprise Dashboard - Splunk builds software that lets you search, report, monitor and analyze live-streaming and historical data across the entire data spectrum, from IT to Marketing to Operations, all from one place and in real time. Getting a vast variety of extensive data in and ready for analysis is never easy. The Dashboard Studio team strives to simplify the creation and consumption of dashboards and reports by both advanced and beginner users in Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Enterprise Cloud, and to create tools and resources that aid in making beautiful, operational, and actionable dashboards in order to democratize insights from Splunk data to the wider customer organization.
Search Experience - The Search Experience team builds enterprise-class web applications that give users intuitive access to the power of Splunk on our next-generation cloud platform, using modern web technologies such as React.js, Webpack and REST.
- Exposure to styling web applications using CSS
- Experience with modern version control system, such as Git and etc
- Exposure to test automation, such as Karma, Mocha, Jest and etc
- Familiarity with CI/CD, such as GitLab CI, Jenkins, or Bitbucket pipeline
- Experience building meaningful software applications: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, as part of an open source project
- Exposure to Agile development
- Experience collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and a strong record of academic achievement.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.