Principal Software Engineer in Test - C++, backend
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
As a Principal Software Engineer in Test, you will work closely with the Engineering and Product Management team to develop, script and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of Splunk features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Product Management. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation
What we provide:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that.
Youwant to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and
commitment,and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
What you provide:
- Understanding of Systems Programming. Examples of areas you need to be knowledgeable
in,include understandingof networking fundamentals and memory.
- Distributed Experience in working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud, Hadoop is preferred.
- Design, build and maintain test automation
. Mostof our features are deployed in enterprise and AWS Cloud. Developing automation and analyzing test results to ensure quality and recommend corrective action on both platforms is a must.
- Experience in building/improving test automation frameworks. 5+ years experience developing test automation in C++, Python or other frameworks like Selenium, Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Develop/research automation tools used to improve the test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems. System/critical thinking and big picture mindset are important.
- Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases.
- 10+ years of experience as
a SDETor SW Engineer
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.