Director, Technical Interlock, Observability
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you thrive on seeing customers happy? Do you possess the ability to develop processes and technical pre-sales skills needed to deliver positive outcomes in the area of Observability? If so, and you're passionate about owning the overall success of our Observability Consulting Engineer and Architect team globally, then this role may be for you.
Our Director, Technical Interlock Leader works alongside the wider Sales and Sales Engineering Leadership teams and various Observability Market stakeholders, including the AVP of Observability Market Group Customer Success, and the GVP Global Observability Markets Specialization, to ensure SE/CE readiness, strategies, and field execution is consistently aligned with our customer needs and corporate strategy.
You will be the main consultative resource guiding the Observability CE team, ensuring accountability and execution for Observability pre-sales across the Sales Engineering organization. You will drive performance across our global Observability Consulting Engineer and Architects team by aligning this team with our Corporate, Sales, Enablement, and Observability Markets Group Strategies. In this critical role, you will ensure the Sales Engineering organization is enabled and delivering technical solutioning to customers, continually monitor and growing CE expert skills, development, and performance, while driving customer success and providing critical technology feedback into the factory when areas for improvement become apparent.
- As an integral part of the Sales Engineering leadership team, you will be accountable for successful Observability technical interlock and execution for Splunk’s pre-sales field team.
- Owns prioritization, strategy, performance, and development of the Observability Markets Group practice across the Sales Engineering org.
- Partners with the Observability Market Group Customer Success Leader, Observability Strategists, Field PMs, and Technical Enablement teams to drive continuous field improvement.
- Ensure the CE engagement model is performing optimally in support of the Observability Markets Group priorities and Sales targets.
- Define and iterate processes and procedures for developing economies of scale across the global Observability Consulting Engineers team.
- Lead the effort to build high impact communications and collateral delivering scalable success.
- Ensure Observability Markets expertise and capability across SE (technical readiness), providing recommendations to leadership on resourcing, direction, and technical development to move the Observability Consulting Engineering team forward.
- Shape customer expectations and thoroughly align outcomes with customer requirements while focusing on business value.
- Lead a matrixed team across Pre-Sales functions to achieve the aforementioned goals.
- Provide input into the Field PM organization to influence the technical priorities of our product roadmap.
- Define the path to success and influence others, in Customer Success, the Observability Markets Group, and the Sales team to achieve and exceed their performance goals.
- 10+ years of Pre-Sales experience selling and/or delivering Observability solutions to customers globally.
- Firm understanding of pre-sales business priorities and practices in Sales Engineering with a strong preference given to those leading a specialized/overlay function
- Comfortable leading change, developing processes, implementing procedures and working cross-functionally to achieve desired outcomes.
- Although this role is strategic in nature, you need to have the ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done without explicit direction.
- Experience leading technical experts and influencing pre-sales leadership.
- Ability to work across the Pre-Sales organization in a positive and effective manner to drive Observability Markets Group execution.
- Deep understanding of Observability Markets software solutions
- Proven experience developing and enabling engagement plans and achieving outcomes (right people, right goal, right numbers).
- Willing to work as part of a diverse team, taking mentorship from multiple partners to achieve desired outcomes.
- Able to travel 50% globally (more during peak times)
- BA/BS preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business or equivalent work experience preferred. MBA/MS a strong plus.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering here.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $212,000 - 291,500 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $199,200 - 273,900 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.Base Pay Range: $188,000 - 258,500 per year
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Splunk provides reasonable medical, religious, or other legally required accommodations for eligible employees.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.