Sr. Manager, Observability - Global Event Marketing (Remote)
If you’re looking to drive impact with customers and partners on a growing Global Event Marketing Team, then look no further! Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology to help our customers succeed. As the leading data platform for Security and Observability, Splunk is helping our customers unlock innovation, improve observability and drive resilience. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
As Senior Manager, Observability Tradeshows you will be responsible for developing impactful strategies for our Observability Market. You will lead cross-functional teams to amplify our Observability messaging to help drive initiatives that showcase our Observability products and solutions.
Your goal is to drive pipeline, build demand, increase and drive the sales cycle, and deepen our brand awareness with customers, partners and Splunkers. Measuring the success of our observability tradeshow portfolio is critical to improving and solving areas of opportunities. You will develop and implement tracking and reporting to ensure visibility and goals are achieved.
This senior manager position will work closely with industry, product, and solutions marketing managers to identify goals, content, promotion strategy, customer experience mapping, speaker management, budget management, and this role has a heavy logistics management component. We would like for this person to be able to achieve event program goals, identify areas for improvement implementing standard methodologies and process improvements related to the overall management and execution of strategic event programming. You will work cross functionally within Marketing as well as with key customers at all levels of Splunk. Strong cross-team collaboration, project management, event experience through the lens of marketing, and operational excellence are critical elements to success in this role. Creativity and energy with fresh program's outlook are key requirements.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
- The Observability Trade Show Lead supports the Industry Events Director in curating and implementing trade show aspects of event strategy.
- Develops trade show strategies, solutions and innovations that are tailored and relevant to Splunk’s Observability Roadmap.
- Experience in event management, including in-person and virtually.
- Experience developing and carrying out owned programming to compliment tradeshow outreach for Observability Markets.
- Understanding and dissecting attendee and segment data will be critical to the role.
- Smart planning and keen attention to detail for large event management with multiple work streams.
- Comfortable with project managing results, timeline management.
- Support entire event lifecycle from strategy, planning, feedback and collaboration loop to execution of pre, onsite and post report out program management.
- Operationalize programs and events with a strategic and thoughtful execution, in close partnership within the team, program owners, Field Marketing and other collaborators.
- Maintain cadence of alignment calls and communications with key collaborators and decision-makers.
- Drive continuous improvement and propose fresh ideas to drive the most impact in our program initiatives and events.
- Complete and report on execution of assigned budget.
- Motivated self-starter with a bias for action and who thrives on working in sophisticated and exciting environments of a constantly evolving business.
- Portfolio demonstrates strength in storytelling and crafting integrated cross-functional plans for Observability focused Tradeshows. Examples should include strategies and tactics that showcase your expertise.
- Strong leadership skills, analytical ability, both creative and critical thinking.
- 8-10+ years leading and managing event/tradeshow strategies, planning and execution supporting for observability software solutions in the areas of: Cloud, Big Data, Storage, Database or other technologies and industries end to end.
- 8-10+ years of related experience in B2B, specifically high-tech products/services.
- Experience using Salesforce, or marketing automation platforms including Marketo. Day to day use and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Slack
- Recent direct oversight of complex programs with sophisticated event types - preference for experience with multi-day, hybrid programs serving attendee types of all levels and 5k+ in size
- Dedication to collaborate and develop and cultivate positive business relationships with all cross-functional peers and customers
- Travel to assigned events
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $125,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.