Senior Web Application UI Designer
Are you passionate about building the best user experience in web applications? Do you want to work with other motivated people really care about their craft? Do you excel in an environment of continuous self-improvement and learning? We are looking for someone who is motivated to design truly great web applications. The apps our team builds are primarily targeted at improving the efficiency of Splunk sales staff and our channel partners, and have a measurable effect on Splunk's bottom line.
As a User Interface Designer, you'll be involved in the full life-cycle of design. You’ll partner with product managers and engineers to deliver phenomenal experiences to our users.
We’re looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems.
- Design new applications and improve existing apps for the Splunk Value Platform team
- Provide design direction and support throughout product development, from initial concepting to product/feature release and beyond
- Drive design in accord with principles of user-centered design
- Craft user workflow diagrams, storyboards, prototypes, and wireframes
- Collaborate with product managers to solicit user input and use it to shape product development efforts
- Work effectively with product management, engineering, and our business partners
- Ensure projects fulfill business requirements and goals and delight end-users
- 4+ years of experience in UX Design
- 2+ years of experience designing single-page web applications
- Expertise in data visualization and information architecture
- Deep understanding of cloud based systems and experience designing within them
- Expertise in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC)
- Expertise creating prototypes to communicate design concepts to users and project partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Not afraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technologies and concepts quickly, coupled with an unending desire to learn and improve.
- Strive to work in a team-first, collaborative environment.
- Experience working on cross-browser, multi-device applications.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and disciplined.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying to.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.