Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure (remote OK)
In addition, you will be working on developing other apps that allow Splunk users to maximize our powerful platforms, creating interfaces and tools that allow novice users to create complex instances via intuitive, easy to use tools.
Our ideal candidate is an individual who’s motivated by technology and enjoys automation and problem-solving. We work hard, we like to challenge the status quo, and we enjoy having fun!
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Develop full stack applications that interface directly with Splunk and Cloud Infrastructure
- Have experience building large-scale stateless container-based applications
- Strong analytical skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Tackle performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools, including Splunk
- Be a technical leader for a team of experienced Software Engineers
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize and define development objectives
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Recent hands on development experience with REACT and Node.js
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Cloud Native solutions
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Splunk products, AWS, Docker, K8, Ansible and Jenkins
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.