Director, Product Management, Pricing and Monetization
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As Director of Product Management, Pricing and Monetization, you will work from the customer backwards to make Splunk simple and cost effective for our customers. You will help us continue evolve our business model to deliver value to our customers and drive product adoption and growth. You will own creating new business models as Splunk’s expands its product portfolio and addresses new customer use cases.
In this role, you will work on highly complex problems, gaining insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the Splunk leadership team. You will work with senior-level decision-makers across the company to deliver for our customers.
You should have a strong product and market background and excel in all areas of strategy development and execution including project management, business development, consensus building, problem-solving, and people development. Enterprise software product and experience collaborating with go-to-market (GTM) will be critical in this role. In addition, the ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment with a strong level of comfort around sophisticated problems and ambiguous situations. A mindset of ownership with strong execution prowess in a B2B enterprise software context is critical to success.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Drive next wave of innovation in Splunk’s business model, on-premises and in the cloud.
- Work with our customers to identify their pain points, Splunk use cases, and come up with creative solutions to address their needs.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver innovation to our customers. You will structure problems, analyze opportunities, and develop solutions and implementable recommendations and drive results through a thorough, data-backed process.
- Develop strategic business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and execution plans to achieve the vision for the opportunity across Product, Sales, Marketing, and/or Engineering teams.
- Provide our sales functions with the tools and insights required for success.
- Be a trusted advisor for large/ strategic customers; build and maintain strong customer relationships. Gather customer insights and feedback and infuse the learning back into the organization and product area roadmap.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 12 + years of total experience in product management, business planning, or management consulting at an enterprise software company.
- Experience operating in an entrepreneurial environment and driving adoption of new and emerging products.
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally to deliver impact.
- Demonstrated customer obsession in deliverables.
- Demonstrated consistent ability to drive both strategy and results.
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal – to work with senior executives both internal and with customers. Comfortable in business and technical discussions.
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study; MBA a plus but not required.
- The position location is flexible and can work near any of Splunk’s major office hubs, including the Bay Area, Seattle, Dallas or Austin.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.