Advisory Subscription Services Senior Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you looking to make an impact?
The work you do will directly influence the experience the careers of your direct reports. As the Advisory Subscription Services Senior Manager , you will accountable for running the end to end business . Working with the wider Splunk organisation to advocate the value of our Subscription offerings, build pipeline, work with the sales team to close business and to own the delivery quality and consumption of these services through the full client journey.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for leading our EMEA Professional Services Subscription business that consists of OnDemand , Assigned Expert and Remote Residency services. This includes managing bookings and renewal targets, driving important operational business metrics, team development and full customer management from kickoffs to engagement closure
- Manage team operational cadence – time and expense, OnDemand cases, Assigned Expert renewal motions, ensure project status is completed by team, compliance & ethics, etc
- Partner with Splunk Sales and Customer Success organizations to help drive customer adoption and expansion of Splunk and address license renewal risk that may arise
- Work closely with the Professional Services Operations and Practices teams on improvement initiatives that drive efficient processes, better services for our customers, a happier workforce, etc.
- Approve time, expenses, PTO, and complete other management approvals and administrative requirements on time
- Build workforce plans to ensure the right mix of staff and skills to meet the business needs
- Recruit, hire, on-board, and retain people to drive exceptional team performance
- Contribute to ensuring people are being effectively utilized, balancing utilization with professional development, PTO, best practice contributions, etc.
- Reward and recognise employees that deliver exceptional customer value and set examples of leadership
- Review the performance of team members on a regular basis, and provide written performance plans
- Ensure team is setup for success. Remove roadblocks and issues that negatively impact their performance
- Define and coordinate adequate coaching and mentoring of team, either directly or through others
- Encourage and support professional development and career growth of team
- Motivate your team by building a culture that rewards delivering customer value and developing a world class consulting organization
- The position reports directly to the EMEA GVP of Professional services and you will be expected to be an active member of the EMEA PS leadership team.
- You will be expected to proactively contribute the ongoing transformation of our PS and Customer Success business.
That sounds great - what experience do you need?
- Solid experience (10 years+) in a leading a team of technical Consultants in a Services organization, ideally in a software company or industry leading services organization
- Extra consideration with experience running a subscription model and business
- Experience directly or indirectly leading a team of staff, including direct experience with:
- Delivering performance reviews
- Building development plans
- Compensation planning
- Talent reviews and succession planning
- Formal and informal recognition programs
- Dealing with complex HR issues
- Experience building business cases and hiring justifications
- Experience with necessary forecasting for the role, revenue, utilization, signings, etc
- Experience with formal coaching and mentoring programs
- Experience working with and across multiple SPLUNK organizations to accomplish business objectives, including IT, HR, Finance, etc.
- Experience developing and leveraging third-party subcontractors
- Experience with regional labor laws
- BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience desired. 10+ years prior experience in a consulting and services environment, with 8-10 years of leadership experience.
- This position requires the successful candidate to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills, dependability in difficult circumstances and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.