Software Engineer (Node.js, Microservices, AWS, Distributed Computing) (Remote US Available)
Are you passionate about building scalable web applications in a microservice paradigm? Do you have a strong desire to build excellent experiences for customers? Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that:
- Develop high-quality, scalable, well-written microservices (in a distributed environment, hosted on AWS) exposing REST APIs.
- Help in common DevOps and CI/CD tasks, those are required in the infrastructure provisioning and application deployments.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. And come up with good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for acquiring scalable solutions.
- Hold yourself accountable for the committed tasks (end-to-end) that require close collaboration with internal tech leads, product managers, and external team members.
- Communicate with others clearly and precisely (verbally and written) within the Scrum framework to meet the sprint objectives.
- Help in our ongoing open sourcing initiative to publish code to the community outside of Splunk.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of experience in developing scalable and event-driven web applications in a highly distributed environment.
- 3+ years of experience in building scalable and secure REST APIs, those are exposed by distributed microservices (written in Node.js) hosted in the cloud.
- 1+ years of experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Experience in TDD - includes setting up the framework, developing unit & functional tests, and provisioning them in the CI pipeline (test automation).
- Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals e.g. data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Willingness to be on a constant learning journey and continuously go above and beyond your comfort zone.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus:
- DevOps mentality.
- Some experience in React/Redux.
- Developer-driven testing approach (no dedicated QA).
- Knowledge of Splunk.
- Experience in Agile software development.
- Experience in collaborating with remote team members.
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or equivalent experience required.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun, and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hours a day. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.